cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

End of Week One......

pseudotodd
0 13 164

Well, here we are, 7 days in to my quit......

Never thought I could get here, but I'm here and I'm still unsure how this will end.  However, I'm VERY committed to making this my final quit!   It's going to be a bumpy ride I'm sure, but I'm ready for the challenge!

Wish me luck!

13 Comments
tracyb316

congrats on your 1st week, big step,  no luck needed, just commitment. Looks like your on the right track, just stay positive and you will do fine.

pseudotodd

Thanks! It helps to know there are people out there that I can talk with when it gets rough, and I know it will.... ha!.... but I'm up for this!  The craziest part is that I've also lost 2 pounds in the same week due to the advice to knocking caffeine out of my intake....not one soda in the last week, that stuff is the devil!  LOL

SkyGirl

Congratulations, Todd, on Week One!  Excellent! 

Please don't think that you are "unsure how this will end"!!! 

If you stay committed, positive and remember that THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT FOR YOURSELF, then the "ending" won't ever be in question, right?

You can do this.  You ARE doing this.  And your addiction to nicotine is no stronger nor any harder to beat than any of our nicotine addictions were.  And if WE can quit...SO CAN YOU.  Not just for a while.  FOREVER. 

Think of this as your Forever Quit, Todd.  Don't think of it as just one more try that might or might not work out.  Isn't that sort of like giving yourself permission to fail?

The support here can carry you through during the rough times, Todd.  Lean on us here on EX and don't ever give credence to the thought that you might fail.

xxxooo,    Sky

tracyb316

Dr.Pepper lover here so understand completely, went from 12 a day to 3 a day.

Yes it will get hard but you are not alone, some one is always here online to help,  i am only @ day 27 so not a expert but will help as much as i can, smoked for 25 yrs, quit cold turkey, i feel better and breath better,

Strudel

Congrats on one week!! You are doing fine - let's call it an interesting (very interesting!) journey rather than a bumpy ride! Always think positively! No luck needed at all - that would imply it is out of your cntrol - when in fact it is all up to you! Being committed is perfect - that is what it takes! 

Congrats again! If you need some education about this addiction, be sure to check out the free course at http://quitsmokingonline.com/ 

Welcome and stick around! No going back now! 

PS - Congrats on the 2 pounds!! 

Michwoman

Luck doesn't enter the equation - that would leave an option for failure!!! Committment - N.O.P.E. Ever!!! Promise yourself. You can do this Todd! I'm envious about the 2 pounds dude! How cool is that???? Woohoo!

Nyima_1.6.13

Congratulations on your first week and welcome to EX! Up to you how it ends but you're off to a good start! Keep up the good work

caz75

Well done you...

Im one day shy of a week too!  It's tough but we did it...   St:-) ick with him...   

jensteff

I dropped ten pounds when I stopped drinking soda. Congrats on one week! That is awesome! 

lindan_7-14-10

motherlovebone

Good for you!  And yeah....what everyone else said:
It's not luck...it's that one small decision NOT to smoke...made over and over again...right?  ; )  xo~mlb

Buddy12

One week is great! Sounds like you're doing it right! Congratulations to you! Please keep blogging and let us know how you do in the future.

wishingstar

grats on week one. Do your self a favor. Blog it out if you have a hard urge or problem, Don't blow, because it really sucks to start over

Renee