cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Ellen Update

YoungAtHeart
3 29 604

I wanted to let let everyone know that she has fallen and broken her fibula - in the hospital now and then to rehab.  She is in considerable pain, as you can imagine,  i will let her share what she did to cause it!  🤔

If you would like to send her a card, send me a pm and I will give you her home address.

I am sure she would appreciate good thoughts and prayers.

Nancy

29 Comments
YoungAtHeart

P.S.  Forgot to include her username:  @elvan .

JonesCarpeDiem

GEESH!

You two are a danger to yourselves!

Giulia

Aw, gee.  Jus....gee no glee.

sweetplt

Oh no poor Ellen @elvan  ... I feel so bad for her, the poor thing can’t get a break...sending healing prayers her way.  I will pm you Nancy @YoungAtHeart because I want to send her a card.  

Gosh...I don’t know what else to say...Colleen 

Cat_Mom_Jen

I'm very sorry to hear this.  I've been thinking of her a lot lately.  Please send me her address, @YoungAtHeart.  Thank you for the update.

Trisha76

I am so very sorry to hear about Elvan and only want the best for her! I will get a card off to her down the road whenever I get out of my misery to0. Did not realize that certain brakes are nothing but pain from start to finish!

MarilynH

Aaah crap, I'm so sorry to hear this!!! I'm sending up good thoughts and prayers for her along with extra gentle cyber hugs! 

CrazyQuitter

That is so messed up! 

@elvan So sorry to hear about your fall! I really hope you have a speedy recovery and that you get back blogging with us again asap!

Maki

Oh no , not Ellen too . So many on Ex have had recent falls . I won't send a card but will definitly send my thoughts up for healing . Thanks for a new update from the last I read earlier today  . Hope you are healing well @YoungAtHeart . 

WhispersQSMB

Oh i'm so sorry to read this, feel better Elvan and speedy recovey

Sootie

I am so sorry to hear about Ellen! She has been so short of breath lately that I cannot imagine what THIS is now doing to her. Hopefully her hospitalization and rehab will go better than yours Nancy!

Barbara145

Thinking of dear Ellen with love and prayers.  I am so sorry for this added burden. My prayers for her will continue.

shashort

Awe so sorry to hear about Ellen.  Sending prayer her way.  I tried to find where  or how to pm you but not sure how.  Please send me Ellen's address.  Hope your doing better Nancy.

Strudel

Oh no - I am so sorry to hear this. I will send a card.....and keep her in my prayers. Thanks Nancy. 

YoungAtHeart

Ellen came home from the hospital yesterday, and while I am sure she is happy to be united with her kitty and able, hopefully, to rest, I am sure it is going to provide its own challenges.

Please keep her in your thoughts.

Giulia

Glad she's home.  And is in my thoughts.

Barbscloud

Thanks for the update.

Barb

Maki

Thanks . She's in thought for a speedy recovery , hoping home will help with that .  

Jerica_82

Oh my.. I definitely haven't been active on here in a long time.  Today celebrating my 5 years quit, I managed to get signed back in and Ellen was the first person I thought of!  I don't think I could have quit if it hadn't been for her guidance! Searching for her and information on her brought me to this post and I see that she was very ill. ? :'(  

SuzyQ411

So very sorry to hear the news about @elvan. She was great at sending supportive posts before her medical issues became so overwhelming. She's a sweet lady anad I wish her  quick recovery.

MarilynH

This is an old post from May 2021, I pray our very own Ellen is doing A okay now! I know she just had her 9 year quit anniversary just last week, we miss you dear sweet @elvan 💕💕💕

YoungAtHeart

To update you all, I stay in touch with Ellen.  She is still struggling.  Her COPD drains her of energy, her RA keeps her in pain and it's tough for her to even accomplish life's basics.  Her son is living with her to help out.

Nancy

sweetplt

@YoungAtHeart Thank you for the update…I think of Ellen @elvan so often…she was so kind to me and helped me so much in the early days quit….I am so sorry she isn’t feeling any better…I am glad her son is helping out…she is such a nice lady…she deserves some peace…xoxoxo Colleen 

SuzyQ411

@YoungAtHeart 

Thank you.

Prayers for Ellen.

❤️

YoungAtHeart

A further update....

She got bitten by the darn cat of hers and now is on antibiotics which make her sick.  It just never stops.....

☹️

JonesCarpeDiem

catastrophy

SuzyQ411

Loving thoughts and prayers to dear @elvan

❤️

Strudel

Thanks Nancy… prayers for dear Ellen. 

Sootie

@YoungAtHeart 

Nancy---Thank you so much for this update. I saw that Shawn posted on fb that Ellen hit a milestone anniversary and have been thinking of her often. Please when you speak to her tell her I keep her in my prayers always. Such a lovely lady. Do you know how her husband is doing? Glad she has her son for support........hope the infection clears quickly.

About the Author
I smoked until a vascular surgeon informed me of the damage I had done to myself by doing so. I quit 11 years ago, and I can swim laps virtually FOREVER now, walk most other days 40 minutes to an hour and a half. What a difference quitting has made in my life! I strive to help others find this wonderful freedom from addiction, too.