cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Electronic Quit Lighter??

maraisa
0 8 13

Has anyone seen these? They are lighters that are supposed to aide in quitting. Hmmmm.....not sure what to think of this. Thoughts?

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/15qDPW/:Z1KzC7yA:qWNuN3EW/mashable.com/2014/05/13/smart-lighter-quitbi...

8 Comments
JonesCarpeDiem

I don't know. I don't believe in quitting by smoking.

I believe the program here is better. See it all depends on how you think of smoking.

If you are always thinking you are giving something up your chances aren't very good no matter what you use.

Jennifer-Quit

I was never successful with trying to cut down - with me it is all or nothing!

elvan

Same with me, I had to just do it and let the nicotine get out of my system.  Maybe if there was an electronic cigarette that gave you an electrical shock that increased with each puff, it might help...naah, I don't think so.  

You are gaining freedom in quitting and you are losing a killer in your life, one that smells,  is socially unacceptable, and puts OTHERS at risk.  

GreenThumb3

No but I saw a sea sick watch that gives you little electric shocks to make you not sick my buddy was wearing it while hugging a bucket throwing up to sick to get up and land one fish in a wide open bite of 30 lb Dorodo lol it might work but  I doubt it and don't need it to quit anyways is my thought 

promise_judy

It uses the principle that so many people use--cutting back. Only problem is it for people who have the smoking habit. Now we all know smoking is not just a habit--its an addiction to nicotine.

It's just another way to get peoples money.

Thomas3.20.2010

Smart Turkey is FREE - in every way I can think of!

maraisa

I agree with everyone here. They make the cravings worse. Remember what cutting back was like? That cigarette we finally allowed ourselves was very precious and we couldn't wait to have it. That's not quitting. Like Jennifer said "It's all or nothing." THAT'S qutting!

swilson2

i still use the nicotene gum 2 or 3 pieces a day too me its beats smoking and takes away the edge i will slowly decrese the amount but thats where iam right now .