cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Eight Days=One Week

pat108
0 11 90

It is hard to believe a week has passed since I stopped smoking....it was a long, hard week and sometimes I wonder if I would make it...I have with the help and support of everyone on here....THANK YOU!!!!  I am feeling better and happier.  I am discovering just how much work I can get done without stopping for a "cig. break".

Now I am ready for week two....this is going to be an easier week than last week....right?

11 Comments
whooonk

I hope it is easier for you! It was not for me, it was not easier but completely different. Week one for me was these punch you in the gut cravings that took my breath away. Week two was this nagging feeling that didn't ever seem to go away. Week one's cravings felt so strong I didn't know how I was going to avoid giving in. Week two's cravings were so nagging that I wanted to give in just to make them stop! BUT! Here is the thing. . . it gets better. It might be a week, it might be a month, it might be longer, but it gets better! It will get easier and it will be worth it! Don't give in just to end the struggle because then you create another one! Don't listen to the Nico-Demon inside no matter what he says or does. It will get easier I promise. Stay close to this site, reach out for help whenever you need it, and hold fast. The greatest struggles produce the greatest victories!

kathys

Boy, do I remember that first week. It is such a mind thing. I had to talk to myself over and over to save my quit. It is much easier as the first week passes and you move on. Stick with it because you have gotten over the hardest part. It is better from here.You will see. You are doing great!

craftylady

CONGRATS.  Easier - yes, easy comes and goes!!  LOL  You can do this!!  Just keep your guard up and you will do fine!!

imadeer

The first month is wild. An absolute roller coaster.

My hardest days were the mid 50's

You are in this to win.

So? don't give in

SarahP

"easier" is a relative term. You will face different challenges; it will get less physical and more mental. As Ima said, the first month is a roller coaster, so hang on tight! You're doing a great thing for yourself and a bit of chaos right now will be well worth it later! Stick close to this site, we're here to help! 

Lonita

Your brain has so much going on up there it's gonna be a wild ride. Hang in there It's soooo worth it!!  

pat108

This is a roller coaster ride and I am hanging on for dear life!!!  I finally did something today that I did not do with my other quits.....I took my ashtray out of the cabinet where I had put it last week and tossed it into the trashcan.  I had that ashtray for 30 years and was sentimental about it but time to say bye bye.  I came across two lighters in my purse as I was cleaning out my junk and got rid of them.   How I wish I had found this site much earlier but I found it now  and that is what counts!!!

Ex_Nancy

This is the daily quitting guide from whyquit.com...I'll leave it here for you on your blog or you can come to my page to read...

My first day of stopping smoking   
My first day of stopping smoking My fifth day of stopping smoking
My third day of stopping smoking My sixth day of stopping smoking
My fourth day of stopping smoking My second week of stopping smoking
Moving on with life after having stopped smoking
Ex_Nancy

Also, in the search box, in the upper right, type in jonescarp, then click on his name and you will see the link called No Man's Land, THAT will tell you what to expect in the first 130 days! xoxo

summer-07-06-15

one day a time N. O. P. E. it's the best bet you can do this

bella65

it only gets better.....smoke free is the way to be