cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

EVERYONE HAVE A WONDERFUL SMOKE FREE WEEKEND!

carole19
0 9 13

Oh well I am beat...Hubby & I worked our butts (asses) off in our backyard today..He was kind enough to go get us Starbucks..Yummy, yummy pumpkin spice for me today...SMOKE FREE day 39 an feeling 'GREAT"..The more I read about how someone is having a hard time I feel so helpless in their time of need...I have had my bouts but I try an not pay attention to them..There have been some big ones that sent me to the shower for re-enforcement..an then there have been small pebbles that I throw back at the nicodemon an laughed...

All an all I really feel good with my quit...I know after 50 yrs of being a smoker an contaminating my body with all kinds of chemical I really expected more mood attitudes...But I found all the tools available on the internet an prepared myself for this quit because it is what I really, really want ...Maybe attittude has something to do with it...

But I have taught myself way before this quit that if someone is out to hurt me they are gone an on top of my sh-t list... once U r on the sh-t list U never an I mean never come off....My hubby will testify to that...I turn my back an walk away with no intentions of returning..

The unfortunate thing is it took me soooooooooo many quits to be where I am now with the knowledge I have now an the tools to move forward..I did not have these before an was too subborn to listen to anyone because I was in denial for 50 yrs..

Well, I have made peace with myself an forgive myself for mistreating my body but hope it's not to late to reverse any damage I have done..

EVERYONE HAVE A WONDERFUL SMOKE FREE WEEKEND..I will be in an out but will make sure I stop by the 'FREEDOM TRAIN' to enjoy all the positive posting, wonderful pics an have a so call coffee clutch with U all..

HUGS TO ALL THAT NEED ONE TODAY!

9 Comments
jojo_2-24-11

Carole, I am feeling everything you have said except the pumpkin spice coffee from Starbucks. lol : ) Have a great weekend! Enjoy your coffee!

froguelady

Carole if jojo doesn't feel the coffee I do, LOL. That sounds so good,  Hope you have a nice weekend and HUGS to you.  

NOT ONE PUFF EVER  NOPE is the word to live by.

carole19

Your right..N.O.P.E...

janetlynn

Oh I love LOve LOVE the pumpkin spice coffee! I will be out working my ass off in the the back yard tomorrow it is starting to look like a jungle out there! House work to do too..ugh. So a fun filled weekend of domestic chores! Gonna start the weekend off with 7am bootcamp though! Congrats on your quit! You should be so proud of yourself!

lee-lee2

omg i LOVE the pumpkin spice coffee! Thank goodness i stopped smoking with my coffee in  hand years ago, or else i might of had to give it up...love it!!! keep up the good work

Dakota_Posse

HaHa....my son used to work at Starbuck's....I must own about every cup, glass and container they made two years ago.....

Never did he bring me pumpkin spice.......dang kid!!!!LOL!!!!   Have a great weekend too Miz Carole!

Jordan-11-1-12

pumpkin spice coffee is my favorite part of autumn! We don't have Starbucks here, but I have my sources! Happy day 39....Have a great weekend!!!

Marti7

Pumpkin spice is the absolute best.  Glad your quit is working out.  I'm on my final quit as well, and today is 32 days as a non-smoker.  I was a serial quitter for 50 years, but decided this was the big one.  I read Allen Carr's Easyway and finally realized I was quitting the wrong way.  I always thought it was more habit than addiction.  By knowing it is the addiction calling out for a fix, that disgusts me and makes me want to ignore it all the more!

Enjoy your weekend!  🙂

jojo29

carole , i think for a 50 yr smoker u are doin wonderful , hold up the quit and always think b4  act out n a bad day have to think &calm down think trn ur bad day into a good day 🙂 always remeber rges pass quicker then lung desease ,lung desase dont pass they stick around xox happy 39 today is 40 days for u
)) great job xoxo joanne