cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

E-cigarettes???

jojoshops4fun
0 6 65

Has anyone tried the new E-cigarettes?  I know they are not really a "quit smoking" aid, but I was thinking about trying it on my path to quitting smoking.  Just curious if anyone has any experience with this product.  Thanks.

6 Comments
grantmeone

I work in health care and we have been advised not to use them. They are not FDA approved, you do not know what is in them and the compounds may be worse than what is actually in a cigarette. I looked at using them too and several people where I work have tried them but they go back to smoking tobacco because it mimics the same behaviors as smoking cigarettes.

debrazgalaxy

I used the E cig for the first 6 weeks of my quit~  IT WAS JUST the tool I needed~  I would recommend using it WHILE still smoking too~  THEN YOU will  see on YOUR own, just how horrid the cigarette is...and just switch over.  Buy the type of E cig with refillable cartriges.    My husband is still using the ecig and has no plans to stop using it.  He has made a hobby out of buying the different types of batteries and what nots~

I am 10 1/2 weeks quit...four  1/2 of them nicotine free...after 35 yrs of smoking~

jojoshops4fun

Debrazgalaxy, can you tell me the best place to buy them, exactly what to order?  I have looked at a lot of different sites and am a bit confused.  I dont want to get involved in any of that "free trial" stuff where they bill your credit card every month.  I just want to buy the kit and be able to re-order if and when I choose.  Thanks.

bluguy

I also use a E-Cig and am using one right now at work! They are great! I see no difference in an e-cig or a nicotine patch or nicotine gum. The FDA hasn't approved because of the cigarette companies! Oh..they said they found one...yes one chemical!

And, they forgot to mention that the SAME Chemical is in many foods and products that we buy!

I plan to gradually cut back on the nicotine content until I am down to zero. I feel MUCH better and I have LOST my smokers cough! I hope I NEVER find it again!

I started a website about e-cigs. Check it out. And email me if you want ttechllc@bellsouth.net

Dave

hwc

bluguy:

Your advertisement for e-cigs is totally misleading. You ask people to sign up to receive info on the e-cigs you are selling and promise them a free download of Joel Spitzer's book, which anyone can download for free without registering anywhere:

http://whyquit.com/joel/#book

Beyond that, it's just mind-boggling to associate Joel Spitzer's book with the sale of e-cigs. Spitzer's entire premise is that, to quit smoking,  you must break the nicotine drug addiction that keeps you trapped and that the most fundamental concept is that, to break the junkie addiction, you must stop using the drug.

ladysolitary85

I love the e-cig because it gives me the freedom to toss away a real cigarette and still not losing my same habit. I'm not endangering anyone around me. All that it is, is vapor. Its the same thing as the patch or gum but in a different form. I would suggest smoking while still using it like someone else said. You REALLY notice a difference, your taste buds comes back, you can breathe easier (this is coming from my own experience).  I'm still smoking real cigarettes but thats only because I haven't sat down to plan truly quitting yet.

But I do know I perfer the e-cig over a real cig. I smell better and feel 1,000 times better with it.

Be very very careful with where you buy your e-cig though. Theres a lot of scammers out there.  There is a e-cig forum (name of the site) somewhere if you google it that has thousands of e-cig users and they have tons of information on them. If you would like my advise on where to do to help narrow it down, e-mail me: LadySolitary85@yahoo.com

I'm still fairly new to the journey but I know enough to help.