cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Dreams

Starlite
0 11 40

Hello EXer's, has anyone had dreams of smoking - is it normal? I am praying so cause I already had three dreams that I smoked - yikes. I am, however very thankful that they were just dreams. Hmmmm....what does it mean? I have not read any blogs or info. regarding this issue. any suggestions, help, advice? - Mahalo

11 Comments
dpop
We all have I think! It's normal!
JonesCarpeDiem

I only had one. Others have many.

They are just dreams.

pay them no mind🙂

nanawendy

It is very normal.  We call them smokemares and most of us have had them. 

keep calm and carry on

Wendy

12/31/12

froguelady

I have had several so guess it is normal.

SimplySheri

Of course it is normal to dream and we do many odd things in dreams.  As long as you aren't smoking during waking hours, you are safe 🙂  Enjoy your quit!!

YoungAtHeart

I have had them over the years.  I was SO proud that in the early days, I would light a cigarette and then stop and not smoke it.  Later, I dreamt that I not only lit a cigarette, I smoked the entire thing sitting in beautiful garden and enjoyed EVERY minute of it.

Go figure!

(they are perfectly normal - and isn't it nice when you awaken and find it was only a dream?)

Nancy

Jennifer-Quit

I have had several and even after almost 2 years - I still have them.....go figure.  I know that I do not want to smoke...and I know that I will not smoke....so in many ways these dreams make me feel more secure with my quit.  Don't worry - for most it is a normal occurance.

freeneasy

You said it -you're thankful they were only dreams.  I have not had one in a long tiime-but they remind you how hard you worked for your quit.   https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/freeneasy-blog/2013/12/10/smoking-dreams

johio

Yes...we all have...crazy dreams !!!!! but they happen less and less over time.

I had one once where I was sitting there smoking with Dean Martin......we didnt say anything ...just sat there smoking...looking at each other...crazy....

Hang in there

Starlite

Thank you all for your comments and encouragement. To Nancy,  one of the dreams I had, I found a pack of cigs. with just one in it and it was so stale, but in my dream I smoked it and did not care, lol - wow, woke up thinking what the heck, but ike I said - so gald it was just a dream and also glad to hear others have or had similar dreams about smoking. It's good to know it comes with the territory. Happy "over the hump" day to you all - stay strong and take it one moment at a time.

Giulia

Type "smoking dreams" or just "dreams" in the community search box on the upper right and you'll get an endless supply of blogs on the topic!