cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Dreams

trudyd
0 12 36

Tomorrow will mark 6 months without smoking seems like I dream I went back to smoking almost every night lately!I cannot relapse as I know I will never try again so it's second by second,minute by minute,hour by hour,day by day as "This to shall pass" at least that is what I tell myself!

12 Comments
cookie804

congratulations of your 6 months tomorrow.  I am so proud of you. I am only on day 27 and I also dream of smoking and I wake up so happy that it was a dream and that I really didn't smoke. Stay with your family and we will support. you.

God bless

Carolyn

JonesCarpeDiem

We can't control our subconscious. Dreams are just that.

You've made it 6 months.

Have you dreamed about smoking every night or has it been recent?

As long as you aren't continually fighting with yourself about smoking or not smoking, I think you are safe

trudyd

I did in the past then it stopped but lately it has been every night for the dreams...I think about smoking....what it would be like to have one now then I realize it's never just one and I think I just miss something...the ritual maybe...not the smoke,smell,cough etc!

JonesCarpeDiem

I would suggest you not build up the dreaming like it's some kind of omen and it will probably just go away again.

trudyd

Thanks!

elvan

Trudy, I am about to leave for FLA, congratulations tomorrow...dreams are powerless unless we GIVE them power.  You have come so far and going back would guarantee that cough and that smell would return...not to mention how sad you would feel.  You are making it, my friend.  I am really proud of you. Love, Ellen

LouiseR

You are doing great Trudy.  Keep protecting that quit.  I agree with Dale, its just a dream not some kind of omen.  You are half way to the 6% club!

YoungAtHeart

Don't let those dreams allow you to romance that cigarette.  It smells awful, does ZERO for you, and every puff brings you closer to needing an oxygen tank!

When you awaken, recommit, glory that it was just a dream, and pledge to yourself that this will be yet another smoke free day.

You are doing GREAT - don't let the addiction call out to you.  Stay strong!

Nancy

promise_judy

Just keep adding those days!!!!

NOPE

XOXO

Strudel

Congrats on 6 months! I found that some anniversaries triggered the dreams.....it is okay! Your subconscious is working through this very major change in your body and your life.....but YOU know that you have quit! Congrats again! 

Jaxson1-16-14

HUGE congratulations on 6 months!!!! That is a huge accomplishment! Do something nice for yourself to celebrate!! 🙂

trudyd

Thanks everyone......appreciate the comments!