cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Double Nickle

Larry576
0 6 4

Remember when the speed limit across the nation was 55 mph? I'm guessing most of us can recall those days. I used to compute whether a speeding ticket was worth the price of crawling along at 55. Well, today marks 55 smoke-free days for me and there are times I've felt like I was crawling in the journey. But, I have come further than I ever thought possible. Especially after smoking for close to 60 years. 

In some respects I had equated smoking with the IRS ... neither will ever go away. Now the smoking part has disappeared with the exception of the urges to give in and light up. But, I can defeat them. Now for the Infernal Revenue Service I have a few thoughts. 

If you work for yourself, or have a small business where you are required to file "quarterly reports." I have a suggestion. Like most of the Tax Code it is ambiguous. So, do as it says ... file each quarter. That is to say every 25 years. Then make them prove it's not what is written in the Code. 

There is one other item in the Tax Code I discovered. It reads: “If you steal property, you must report its fair market value in your income in the year you steal it unless in the same year, you return it to its rightful owner.”

Just a thought but was that written with Members of Congress in mind?

Keep up the quit and have a great smoke-free weekend. 

6 Comments