Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Don’t pay attention to what others say!

Susan57
3 2 96

Hi Melissa, 

During my journey And early on I did not pay attention to what others say.

As of September 1st it will be 9 years since my first day of quitting and I do not think about smoking. Not even a puff. I began smoking at a very young age and wondered what people did who did not smoke. As time went by smoking was becoming unacceptable in many places and trying to find a place to smoke was difficult. When your using a plane as transportation and have to change planes and want to have a smoke in between the change, what a job that is! You smokers know this. I smoked 45 years, give or take a few years, set a day for the quit and did it, cold turkey.  It was not easy, when the urge came I would eat until the urge passed. Smoking for so many years I did not know what life was without smoking, my accessories consisted of cigarettes and a lighter and when I had to smoke the hunt began to find a place to smoke.  Smoking is very expensive, not acceptable any where, and you are shortening your life. Your family would like for you to stop I’m sure. If you have time accumulated on your quit, keep it up, don’t give up and before you know it you’ll be at 1 year, 2 years, 3 years, and time will be on your side:) Good luck and God Bless. Sue Sweet

2 Comments