cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Doing good

amjackson
0 6 80

It has been 36 days since I quit and I am really enjoying not having to go out and buy cigarettes even though I don't see where the money is going I know it is not going on cigarettes. My granddaughter is proud of me as well. This is the longest I believe that I have stopped smoking. I really don't miss it that much. I also enjoy being able to smell Gain on my clothes and scent of pine on my tree. Most of all I think I love my feet not being cold all the time. It is amazing never realized that it was from smoking. I hated my feet being so cold all the time and now I don't even need the extra quilt that I used to keep them warm. It is wonderful. I just pray that I can keep it up and something doesn't happen where it will propel me back into smoking. I really don't want that and I am kind of afraid to light one up because it was making me sick and dizzy and who wants to feel like that.

6 Comments
YoungAtHeart

You DO understand that there is no such thing as one cigarette to a nicotine addict, right?  You can NEVER have just one - it will always eventually lead to another and another until you are right back where you started.

You have made the decision that you won't smoke again - and you have honored it for 36 days.  Just continue to do so...one day at a time.  There is never a good reason to smoke a cigarette; there are ony excuses!

I noticed my warm feet in bed, too - wonderful, isn't it?

Nancy

JRC

Congratulations on 36 days!!!

Keep remembering all the positives. No matter what life throws at us, smoking won't change anything except for destroying a quit. Not One Puff Ever.

whognu_1-2007

nothing can "propel you back to smoking"

except you.

accept the fact that smoking is only a decision and keep honoring your decision to quit.

elims-09-14-13

The more days you have not smoking, the less the idea of smoking will pop into your head. 

keep up the great work!

joyeuxencore

Don't give up this moment of GRACE for anything in the world. Re-commit in your heart of hearts deep down where you live that NO MATTER WHAT happens or how you FEEL will you let yourself think a cigarette could make it better.

Be around when your grandaughter gets married and has your great-grand daughter...Honor your quit. xo

CONGRATS on 36 days! xo

Want you two to be aware of the NML thing just in case. Not everyone has a big problem with it but if you are unaware of what is happening just one episode can derail a quit.

30 to 130 days is called No Man's Land (NML) and strong cravings can blindside you out of nowhere...be prepared not surprised...it is normal and will pass! Read up on it on Dale's page and Sarah's Wed Weekly NML blogs...

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007-blog/2011/06/26/what-to-expect-...     

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/people/sarahp Sarah’s NML blogs

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007-blog/2011/05/24/no-mans-land-da...

Enjoy your smokefree holidays! 

amjackson

Thank all of you for the words of encouragement and what I may expect.  I do from time to time get an urge and look for my cigarettes then I remember that I am no longer smoking and that kind of makes giggle a little bit. To realize that I am not smoking when I have been smoking for 49 years and now I am not that is pretty amazing to me. I guess I will stop looking for them one day. Again thank all of you I really appreciate it. My family and friends seem to have forgotten that I have quit and don't ask me much about it or say much about it but you do need the encouragement and the support. I will get through this because I would love to see my granddaughter's daughter even though I have some great granddaughters that one would be especially nice to meet.