cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Detoxing

tia1717
0 10 34

I have officially made it to the 3rd day. I woke up this morning with a foggy head but just had my morning green tea and continued with my day. I had scheduled a body wrap to detox all the toxins and was told it can eliminate cravings also. After the wrap I felt like a new person,more relaxed and free. My senses for some reason have just opened up where before it was not like that. I can smell every little smell possible from the perfume that someone was wearing to the flower that was blooming down the street.  What a beautiful feeling!! And now I think to myself how much I must have smelled like cigarettes when I passed someone or when I gave them a simple kiss on the cheek. :((( Later this evening we went for dinner with the kids. After dinner my husband went outside to smoke a cigarette and then returned.  I looked at him and said noooo thank you. Today was not a bad day after all! :))))))

10 Comments
CrazyQuitter

It is amazing when you first quit smoking. As soon as your senses amplify you want to make sure you don't ever want that nicotine smell anywhere else. You start cleaning your clothes again, using the air freshener etc

Great work!! you made it to the 3rd day! Imagine how you'll be feeling 14 days or 20 days!

Keep it up! DO whatever it takes and keep those coping skills up!

tia1717

It truly is amazing to smell everything so much better!  I have to keep going! Hopefully tomorrow will be a great day also.:)

moody_9-18-13

Be happy, know life is so good! Keep moving forward. It's too hard to go back to where we were. Life's better once you learn to care and love yourself.

moody_9-18-13

Be happy, know life is so good! Keep moving forward. It's too hard to go back to where we were. Life's better once you learn to care and love yourself.

tia1717

It truly is! One day at a time this will all pass soon!:)))

Giulia

My sense of smell increased beyone belief when I quit.  These days (after 8 years quit), I feel in many ways that I have the same capabilities as an animal to pick out scents from the day.  i watch my cat walk out the door and the first thing he does is put his nose to the air and smell what's out there.  I can tell the difference between so many diferent scents now.  Subtle ones.  It's rather wonderful.  We had no idea what we smelled like to non smokers.  Now that we do it's revelatory and rather disgusting!  lol  Have heart and keep on!

shell24

YAY! Looking forward to my massage in a coupld days, for the same reasons.

linda258

Yes, who knew how bad we smelled.  Now I can smell a smoker 15 feet away.  How silly to think a mint would cover up smoking.... another one of those nicodemon lies we told ourselves.

tia1717

Any bit of help for ourselves She'll is important right now!!good luck with your quit!!

stmand92

Great to hear you are tackling this.