cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Derpa Derp

CinnamonWings
0 9 96

Life is too short to be sad. I work as a caregiver with the elderly. This year I lost two clients. Workiing with people at the end stages of their lives has opened my eyes and given me a new perspective to embrace the life that we have right now. Even if we are not in ideal conditions, which in my opinion are near impossible, we can live happier lives by embracing all that we are blessed with right now. So, I've selected a new profile pic and I hope that someone out there understands derp faces or in the least, puts a smile on their face.

9 Comments
Giulia

Have no idea how to parse derp.  Never heard the word 'afore now.  Derp, derping, der-'ped, derpedest....but it's a funny picture I'll grant you that!  At least I can translate the OMG sugar cookies.  I ain't THAT dumb.  Derp!

Life must be embraced NOW because it IS all too short.  And quitting is the best way to embrace it.  Your new profile picture is just swell!  Even if I never saw the last one.  A sense of humor is a very necessary ingrediient in the quitting mix of success.  Keep it up!

sparky26

Welcome Cinnamon , yeah , I know your derpa derp Lmao ! 

annb
Ok I know I'm not upon things ....can someone 'splain Derpa Derp to me??? Oh wait.. Urban dictionary! Is this it? Derpa Derpa A slang term for a hick, or redneck, they commonly drive large trucks with oversized tires. They think guns, tractors, Nascar, and everything with a large engine that makes noise is cool. Jeff Foxworthy, Larry the Cable Guy, That Derpa Derpa next door who's got himself dat dar truck wid them thar big tires an' a hemi.
annb
Oh just found the other definition about derp face...now I understand. Ok (making my derp face, duhhhhh) lol
JonesCarpeDiem

I use the bathroom for my derpa drop

Ms.J_11-10-2013

I'm not the brightest bulb on the tree but Im not the dimmest either.  So this is what I get when I google Derpa:

The word has no meaning known to man on this planet.  However, on the planet "Zilpgoun" it is commonly known as the act of softening a friends finger or toe nails by sucking on them and then chewing or bitting them off.

Really, Seriously!!!!!

Say Jonsey, Big "G" and Ann lets plan a trip to Zilpgoun and check this sh#t out, Say what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jackie

Welcome Cinnamon!

@jonescarp

@Giulia

@annb

JonesCarpeDiem

Jackie, you have to go to the website at the bottom of the picture.

CinnamonWings

Well...apparently ermahgerds are not derps and all along I thought they were the same.

lol on the picture jonescarp

Giulia

I still don't know what a derp is after reading all of the above.  But I DO know - for sure - I DON'T WANT TO BE ONE!    I'll just stick with being a boring 8 year quitter.  And I hope you'll get there too.