cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Decided to prepare longer prior to quitting

wanttoquit21
0 5 6

Hello Everyone, i decided to push back my quit date to prepare better and be more ready! My dew date is Monday May 5th. I will be reading Allan Carrs book all weekend!!! And of course reading blogs on here. I am also going to dig up my reasons for quitting and carry them around with me again. And stock up on mints and gum!! Looking forward to it:)

5 Comments
elvan

Get your list of triggers together and prepare your "toolbox" for what you will do instead of smoking and be careful...don't push back to the point where you are just procrastinating.  It's a JOURNEY, not an event!

kloud9

Do not try ......DO !                 Here's to you success

Storm.3.1.14

Pushing back your quit date will also give you a golden opportunity to PRACTICE quitting before you quit. I strongly urge you to do this over the weekend. PRACTICE skipping your after-lunch smoke or your bedtime smoke. Try not smoking during the entire laundry process. Have just 2 smokes with your morning coffee instead of 4 (for example). There are others, of course, but you get the idea.

Please practice these scenarios before you quit. The last thing you want to do is give up the drug/habit without first giving your quit a few "test drives".

STORM: 63

maraisa

Storm that is great advice. "Practice" quitting and read The Easy Way. Carry it with you. 

It's a good time to do some spring cleaning too. Washing clothes and jackets that smell like smoke. And cleaning your car helps too. 

Good luck and we're here for support so log on often!

cheyenne7

Yes, prepare like you are about to take the biggest exam of your life....study well, pay close attention to what Allen Carr, and the elders are telling you---these are your teachers....do all of the assignments ( your list, your lollipops, gum, etc)...the blogs are often like study groups, soooo much to learn there, make sure you show up for class....looking forward to sharing the journey with you....you won't regret it!!

YOU WILL SHINE>>>>YOU WILL DO WELL>>>>BELIEVE IN YOURSELF : )