cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Dear random uninspired ridiculous cravings... leave me alone please.

kat37
0 4 9

I am working through my 9th day! i really can't believe it sometimes that it has been that long!! i know there were defiinitely times/moments/hours that i thought i would never to get a week let alone 9 days!!! and other times however it feels like time has been crawling by since i quit smoking. anyone on here watch family guy? well... if you don't then skip this analogy but for those fans.. sometimes it feels like the creepy guys dog, the old one with the 2 lame back legs.. yea, you know the one i am talking about. well sometimes it feels like he could crawl faster than the clock. but alas.. i digress from my point which is that i am stoked about 9 days with NO CIGARETTES!! 🙂

as for the title of my blog.. i am still baffled and annoyed by my random cravings. they seem to have no rhyme or reason anymore. i mean.. my first couple of days quitting it was definitely ALL about my triggers. but now i will go for hours and not think about smoking and then out of nowhere BAM! i want to smoke. why? I DON"T KNOW! it makes no sense. i know that i am just impatient and want them to be gone NOW.. wishful thinking?... probably. i also know that i have to GUARD MY QUIT for the rest of my life.. and i am fine with that. i understand that part of my addiction. i just can't seem to grasp or wrap my brain around these random urges. they just don't make sense. maybe they never will.. and maybe i need to make peace with that.

thanks for listening. thanks for understanding. thanks for supporting me. stay strong friends and keep fighting. we are ALL stronger than nicotine and smoking!

4 Comments