cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Dear friends Linda Mustafa emailed requesting I share it on th sitee

JonesCarpeDiem
2 3 391

Hello Dale I hope you are well and that life is treating you good. Could you please share the following post with the group and say hi to everyone from me .Thank you

Celebrating 8 Years of Smoke( Poison) Free

Hello everyone 👋I hope you are well and in good spirits . Today I’m celebrating 8 years of smoke ( poison ) free . What a wonderful feeling ! ExFamily was a massive help back then when I started my journey many years ago. I met so many kind , lovely and helpful people here . We encouraged and supported each other . I do miss interacting with you guys but as a Brit I can’t access the site any longer but I do keep all of you in my heart and mind . I’ve come far since 2014 , experienced all the stages that this journey has , the good and the bad , the struggles , the doubts , but I always stay determined and willing ,absolutely sure in my resolve . As we know the world as we knew it has changed these past years and we were all faced with many challenges . I ended up in hospital , bedridden from Covid last December -my lungs were covered with the virus . Imagine what would’ve happened to me if I did not stop poisoning myself 8 years ago , I dread to think about it . Although I was extremely ill I am convinced that my decision 8 years ago helped me immensely to recover from a vicious virus. I’m looking forward to the bright and positive future , enjoying life to the fullest. Thank you all for reading this post and I wish you all the very best .

Much love x Linda (8YearsOF)

3 Comments
About the Author
Hello, My name is Dale. I was quit 18 months before joining this site and had participated on another site during that time. I learned a lot there and brought it with me. I joined this site the first week of August 2008. I didn't pressure myself to quit. HOW I QUIT I didn't count, I didn't deny myself to get started. When I considered quitting (at a friends request to influence his brother to quit), I simply told myself to wait a little longer. No denial, nothing painful. After 4 weeks I was down to 5 cigarettes from a pack a day. The strength came from proving to myself, I didn't need to smoke because I normally would have smoked. Simple yes? I bought the patch. I forgot to put one on on the 4th day. I needed it the next day but the following week I forgot two days in a row I put one in my wallet with a promise to myself that I would slap it on and wait an hour rather than smoke. It rode in my wallet my first year.There's nothing keeping any of you from doing this. It doesn't cost a dime. This is about unlearning something you've done for a long time. The nicotine isn't the hard part. Disconnecting from the psychological pull, the memories and connected emotions is. :-) Time is the healer.