cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Dear Grocery Shopping

mrs.-brown
0 10 29

Why are you such a trigger for me? Aisles of options, skyrocketing prices, labels, trans fats?, organic?, read the labels again, fiber?, children screaming, people aimlessly parking carts in the dead effing center of the aisle, door dings in overcrowded parking lots, price check on crutons to checkstand 4!, remembering what was on the list that i forgot at home. HMMMMM, I GET IT NOW!

I have been extremely plesant to my husband, no snapping no crying fits of rage. Today, while grocery shopping with the poor bastard, my blood boiling and feeling like suddenly all oxygen had escaped the building; all I could think about was a cigarette. My ritual you see: shop, load car, enjoy a cigarette the second I exit the parking lot. Today on my 30 minute drive back from the grocery store, foot tapping on the floormat like a junkie, chewing gum so ferociously it lost flavor after 3 minutes, wanting so badly to turn the radio off and tell hubster not to utter so much as a word: I MADE IT WITHOUT SMOKING! And I got home, unloaded the groceries, put them away and went to my happy place to read my happy book. The moral of the story is: Even though I thought I couldn't go on without a cigarette, and was acutally planning my pathetic next blog of admitting my premeditated slip.... I persevered! And my husband didn't die! DAY 19 BABY!

10 Comments