cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day one on the site (My breaking moment)

twistedlove
0 8 22
Today I decided to get outside help for my smoking adiction. Yes ive tried multiple times to quit but havent had any success though I have cut back a lot i use to smoke 2 packs a day then went down slowly over the years to 4 or 5 cigs. Im on this website to quit smoking all together as I have realized smoking isnt only an adiction but its ruining my life. The person ive been lately isnt who I want to be. My husband has tried to help me multiple times but gives up on me then gives me the pack. This last attempt i awoke this morning to get a cig like I usually do when i realized the pack was missing i went into a hurried frenzy to find it when i couldnt find it i woke up my husband who was furious that I only woke him up for that in which we argued and i was given the pack. I have come to terms that if i dont give up smoking now I could lose my husband and kids... Please if anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it.
8 Comments
Deena-A-Yenni

Good for you.  I'm a newbie too but the elders will send you information to read.  You must read about the addiction to gain knowledge which will help you with your quit.

promise_judy

Welcome to our community. We have a wonderfull group of loving, supportive people who's only concern is YOU.

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/SkyGirl-blog/2014/02/11/to-new-members-about-all-that-readi... 

To start out click on this link.

rosemarymom

Just stay on this site.  It is a tremendous help.  You will gain knowledge and courage for your quit.  The reading is SO important.  Do it!

Ms.J_11-10-2013

Welcome to the site this is certainly the right place to be. Mindset is huge here, you have  to have it in your mind that You Want To Quit.  Follow all of the good advice you will get here and read, read, read.  It is an addiction we are all battleing with here not just a habit.

A stinking cigarette should not get between you and your marriage.

Ms. "J"

Polynha

Welcome to the group! The first step after you decide to quit is to educate yourself about this adiction. I am giving you the link for Allan Carr's book, it helped a lot of people. Prepare youself for your quit, learn what to expect and be prepared for it. You can do it.

http://media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010cc5496521431188f905b7234a829.pdf

Storm.3.1.14

Your husband was only trying to be a loving spouse, and I feel that you want to be a loving spouse in return. This is wonderful!

Like you, I came to realize I (obviously) couldn't do it alone. I joined this site so I could have interaction and communication and support for my quit, and it is saving my life. It can surely help you, too, if you continue to come here and read and post and listen and share.

The program will teach you HOW to quit, so take...your...time. Do every lesson in the length of time recommended, report your progress, gain knowledge about nicotine addiction, and PRACTICE your new quitting methods and strategies BEFORE you smoke the last cigarette. The progarm will show you how to do all of these.

Welcome to EX! We can help you through this if you invest part of your quit here with us.

STORM (Day 28)

JonesCarpeDiem

I've spent well over 20,000 hours on this and another site after quitting over 7 years ago and the following link includes all the "are we there yet information" with timelines amd what to expect.

This is what I wish I had known when I quit smoking.;

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007-blog/2011/06/26/what-to-expect-...

capitalDistrict

this is indeed the right place to be.  read all the stuff on all the links posted here.  the folks who have been around awhile know what they are talking about.  listen, learn, and get help when you need it.  there is always someone to listen to or vent to on this site.  you can do it and you're worth it!