cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day one. I already feel murderous.

sean_m
0 5 8

Day one. Props to all of you making progress. I feel on the edge of defeat...already. Damn, day one. I wanted one in the ER so bad at 4 this morning, right after I sowed up a dead guy's thoracotomy. But I coasted through it. and it's odd, just lying in bed, I feel like sprinting to the gas station for smokes. But I want to Stop. I am going to Stop.

5 Comments
keekee

AND YOU HAVE TO STOP! IT ONLY THE 1ST DAY YOU HAVE TO HANG IN THERE IT WILL GET BETTER.  ALL EX SMOKERS HAD THE TO MAKE DAY1 TO GET TO DAY 365. YOU CAN TOO.

MAY GOD BLESS US ALL!!

chris148

You will do it!  Don't think about it - as much....... I am saying this even though I went through day 1 too and was ready to murder someone!  YOU WILL DO THIS!  YES YOU WILL! 🙂

kathleen-valentin

You will want to kill or break some one for about 3 or 4 months, but it will spike when something really pisses you off or you aren't doing anything.  Doing nothing was the hardest part for me. 

Keep at it, you can try again right away if you slip.  Don't for get that part, I use to. I'd say, Screw it, I hate feeling this way!  Then I'd go back to smoking and feel like poopy about a week later and wish I hadn't quit quiting.   🙂

Good luck!

cathi4

Please remember that after the first three days the game is really a mental and emotional game. The only reason why we get so pissed and angry is because your resistance threshold is lower. You do realize that right. You are not really that mad the addiction just wants you afraid to lose control and therefore smoke!!!! Get that right now and the anger will leave but the other emotions will come on!

You can do this and you do deserve this and so much more. Take a walk, work it out and do not smoke. You will be grateful later you kept the quit!

lewis65

I soooo COMMEND you for doing what you're doing!!!  Not only quitting smoking BUT also protecting all of us here in this  great country of ours.  After all that you see and witness and take part in, you're actually STOPPING!  When I am having any cravings, I will distract myself and think of you and how hard it must be for YOU to quit in your environment!  Thank You!