cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day four (4)

ruralgrl
0 11 30

Well some how I missed posting last night. Yesterday was day hard.... I mean day 3!!!! I had planned on posting at the end of the day to let others know how each day went. I think last night between watching the clock, counting down the last 6, 5, 4 hours to 10:30 pm (PST) and just wanting to go to bed to get yesterday over and wake up to day 4. I just forgot to post. 10:30 last night I hit 72 hours smoke free!! Right now I am  81.75 hours. I am still taking it five minutes at a time and counting in hours. Tonight I will post about how today went but right now I want to talk about yesterday.

All day yesterday That little voice told me if you just go to the store and buy a pk of smokes take one out and throw away the pack. You could smoke it and feel much better and you wouldn't need another one. I heard that voice at least 100 times yesterday.... I kept telling myself if I did that I would be stating over at zero days and zero hours. I would lose everything I had accomplished so far. My gosh how funny and tricky our mind can be. OH and persistent. Stand strong all you non smoker!! and those of you who are about to embark on this journey. You can do it!!!! your control over what your body does is stronger than the voices in your head. I have pledged to NEVER buy another pack of cigarette. and I also tell myself I control my body and neither of these hands will put a cigarette up to these lips again

11 Comments
Barbara145

Bravo ruralgirl.  You are doing it.  I know it isn't easy but keep up the good work.  IT IS SO WORTH IT. I promise!

bethso

You are doing a great job!!!   Each day gets better and better!!  I do remember counting the minutes, the hours, then days!  Believe it or not, you are going to reach a point where you go the whole day barely even thinking of the nasty habit that so much occupies your thoughts right now.  Hang in there!! 

hampton

AMEN!!!! You go girlfriend.You are a winner.

JonesCarpeDiem

that 'one' is a liar.

that "one" would've held you only until it wore off.

you really should try saying "I don't do that anymore" when that conversation pops up. you will find it didn't pop up so often I bet.

See, these are just thoughts. they only gain power if you entertain them.

Many people retire early in the beginning. It has saved many a beginning quit.

JonesCarpeDiem

on another note, We don't know if you are still getting nicotine or going cold turkey. I'm not against either but we could probably give better advice if we knew

ruralgrl

using chantrix. I quit on day 8 of using chantix. I went to the Dr the next day and told her that the chantix is not working for me like other people I talked to who have used it and had no desire to smoke.... she told me that for whatever reason it does not block the brain receptors for some people... I am one of those people. It's all good though because I have quit cold turkey before and I can and did quit again!!! Cravings are coming in waves today

sparky26

If you've quit before than I guess you know how this first week it the toughest, but hey you're half way there already .

Dale is right , it helps to say the words " I don't do that anymore. "  

And say it out loud ....sure people well give you a weird look , but hey !

LoL , we gotta do what we gotta do !!!!

midnight7

I feel you. Someone on this site sent me a free online copy of Terry or Allen Carr's book called The Easyway to Stop Smoking. It helped me tremendously. I have lost the link to it so I pray that someone sends it to you. I'm only 21 days quit but reading alittle bit of the book each day made it stess free for me. I actually didn't want to smoke anymore.

midnight7

Here is the link to Allen Carr's book--------http://media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010cc5496521431188f905b7234a829.pdf

ruralgrl

Thank you! I am now telling the addiction "I am not a smoker I don't do that anymore" and yes even out loud. Thank goodness so far it has only been at home and only my 4 yr old asked me you dont do what anymore? proceeded by "who are you talking to mommy, why are you talking to yourself, what did yourself tell you when you told you, you didn't do that any more. KIDS...... I am heading to the link right now Thanks again

cupcake11442

trying to quit