cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day Two

imaquiter2
0 8 18
So today was a bit of a struggle. Much to my relief my NRT patches arrived. After I finished jumping for joy. (With the mailman because I have been waiting by the mail box when he arrived everyday this week) I quickly ran Into the house and slapped one on. The first thing I noticed was the itchy feeling under the patch. It went away after about a half hour but during that half hour my brain was in overload normally when I'm uncomfortable I smoke a cigarette and concentrate on the sensations since this is not an option I spent the whole time with my head in the freezer. The cold air helped distract me from the itch and calmed the sensation. The next thing I noticed was that it wasn't a cigarette I was craving but the menthol. I'm going to try peppermint to help with that. Finally I've noticed a slightly anxious feeling and my mouth is over watering. I think these are side effects of the patch however.
8 Comments
Deena-A-Yenni

Excellent distraction on your part.  You'll do well on your quit.  Onward and upward!!

bethso

Glad your patches arrived.  Keep distracting yourself through those urges and stay strong. 

Barbara145

The patch will not give you body sensations if cigarettes didn't, other than itching at the site of the patch.  Congrats on your quit.  You are doing well.

Laura-12-14-14

The overwatering of the mouth..... we need to learn how to swallow again   LOL

I too have that sensation. It is funny how much that cigarettes dry out our mouth.

imaquiter2
Is that it 🙂 it's been so long since my mouth held the right amount of saliva that I feel like a leaky faucet. I can't wait till my appetite returns it's been at least 10 years since I've eaten more than once or twice a day.
sparky26

Be careful that you are not having an allergic reaction to the patch, I don't think it should itch . Should it ?

annb
During my last (first) quit attempt (cold turkey) my mouth watered like crazy too! It was bizarre and annoying! It finally stopped or I got used to it one!!'on(?). Haven't had much of a prob this time!!!! Feel better and keep moving forward 🙂
hampton

I too am having the mouth full..... Yesterday was the worst,I couldn't figure out what the feeling was in my mouth. But you just figured it out for me... It is very annoying.lol As far as the patches go,I couldn't use them because of the constant itching and burning feeling. They actually left a huge rash. I decided this time to just do it cold turkey and READ,learn. I want this poison out of me for good,once and for all. we are doing this and we can continue to do this. Free and clear of NICOTINE.It feels so good to not be controlled!!!   You are doing awesome!!!!!