cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day TWO

mamabear5
0 11 75

So far this morning, ive had to kick the cravings three fold. today is going to be a challenge, I can feel it. i had the weirdest dreams last night, and I woke up stressed out. I dont feel bitchy yet, but I have been alone this morning thus far lol. Eating breakfast, which i never do, again changing routine. Planning to get busy today, and clean the heck out of this house. Start a new job monday(its a shoe store) and i want to be 4 or 5 days in by then, but the job itself will be good routine change, cause ive been at home for 11 years. anybody struggling, please write me, Were all in this together. ! Stay close to me friends..............TODAY IS GOING TO BE HELL, I CAN FEEL IT.  breathe laugh breathe laugh

11 Comments
melissa131

That is totally what I did, I stayed home fore a week and cleaned. Killing sevaral birds with one stone, that way I didn't subject my co-workers to my mood swings. And I got a clean house, something to do with all that pent up energy. And being home you can drink a bunch of cranberry juice and water and clean that nicotine out of your system, unless you are doing NRT, well then I don't know. Also, no matter how you are doing it, you can take naps whenever you want, if you feel tired sleep. It is your body healing, everytime you wake up you will feel a little better. Plus you can't smoke when you are sleeping, showering, or swimming. Come here often as you want, read other peoples blogs it really helps. 

You can do this, have you been to www.whyquit.com they have a lot of helpful information about the first 10 days. Here is one that really helped me on day 2. 

glindagoodwitch

Try and focus on the positives. Leave the negativity behind.

melissa131

Oh whoops, sorry here is the link.  

http://www.whyquit.com/joel/Joel_03_21_blood_sugar.html

Connie55

Focus on winning your battle one day at a time. Good job mixing up the routine. For every positive change like this you make, you take one more step towards your freedom. Feels good doesn't it. Smile and know you ARE winning this time. For you and for your kids. I know it means the world to them as well. Congrats on the new job, it is definately a new change for you and a positive one. Hope you great great discounts on really cute shoes too!

Yaya2.6.10

Changing your routine is a great thing to do.  I even changed the order I did the morning things in orer to be doing something else at "smoking times".  Changing negative thoughts to positive worked for me in two ways.  The obvious thing is that positive thoughts are more motivating instead of focusing on the can'ts.  Trying to rephrase the negative to positive was very mentally challanging and became a game and a distraction.  For example,  your blog mentioned stress, today will be a challenge and that you aren't bitchy "yet".  Rephrase into something like today is the beginning of a new life that will make me healthier and happier.  Yep, its sappy and you won't believe it at first, but keep on keeping on and the days will mount up as an Ex.

JonesCarpeDiem

It will be what you make it in your mind.

Think about that every morning before you decide you will have a hard day.

Your attitude is a choice just like smoking was a choice.

MoeUnfiltered
Hey Mamabear,being smoke free is a blessed thing.There will be hard times but remember this quit is a bank that every time you don't smoke you make a deposit toward your future and the future of those who love you. Pick a phrase that helps and repeat it in your head like,This too shall pass ,whatever you find inspiring repeat it out loud. Remember withdrawal is temporary! Moe smoke free 2 years(former 3.5 pack a day smoker)
mamabear5

you guys make me cry! so smart! wow, OMG, it just hit me, im changing my attitude about this whole situation right now, I am laughing at the mere thought of how attitude is affecting me. I have had a suckish day, because i decided today was going to suck.but now I am going to have a great day! i have beeen so stressed over how horrible i was going to feel, i didnt think about feeling good. hence new plan:

1.] Every day will be a great day

2.] God has blessed me , though I walk through the  shadow of the valley of death, I will fear no evil!  for you are with me

3.] I can do this

4.] protecting my quit is a devine right.

5.] I will not give in,

I am off to have a great day!!! 

Connie55

Yes dear, take control of your attitude as well as your quit. Every single day we wake up on this glorious planet surrounded by the people we love is indeed a great day and one we are blessed to have. Make the most of it.

AnthonyAMorton

Congrats mamabear on deciding to rid yourself of those stinking sickerettes. Smoke free is the way to be.Just take it one day at a time. You can do this! Protect your quit no matter what.

Have A Great Day Image

bradstal

Congratulations Mamabear, on quitting. As a person who just quite myself, I know the struggle. But as Connie said eariler, "take it one day at a time".  Cravings were bad at first, but are much better now.  It's been 33 days, and I haven't smoked...