cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day One decided at 10am to quit! it's 1:13 and I haven't lit up.... yay!

amanda84
0 5 15

Started out badly, it wasn't until 10am that I decided I have had enough.  I haven't lit up since and am currently using a patch and the gum and so far so good, do I want a cigarette? absolutely!  Will I? hopefully not, I have my water bottles near by and sugar free jello cups near by, I want to be completely smoke free by the 15th I am going to Philadelphia for the day to do some urban photography and don't want to have to pull over for a cigarette.  Luckily I am surrounded by non smokers, so that should help.  I really want to make it through the day without another cigarette just to prove to myself that I can do it.  My husband did it, an old friend on line did it, if they can, I can.  I also learned of another friend who has lung cancer that is spread throughout his body.  Weirdly that isn't a major reason why I quit which confuses me.  

I just want to get through this day without any other cigarettes.  That's all I want and the more I think about it the worse it gets so I am going to stop thinking about it now.  

5 Comments