cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day Nine

ceana
0 6 23

Yesterday was a good day.  Cravings were low, mood was a bit better, a little more energy, less symptoms and a lot better sleep.  I am still struggling with the mood a little.   It was better but still had moments of grumpiness.  I know I need to remember, when I have those moments, I am overly sensitive but it will get better with time. 

During the stressful moments, I utilized deep breathing and played some solitaire and Sudoku.  I found that when I am trying to concentrate on a puzzle, my mind doesn’t have time to stress.  It was difficult at first to get my full attention on the first puzzle but I ended up working a few of them. 

Speaking of my mind, I am still having ‘brain fog’.  It’s driving me nuts!  I am typically on point and can remember things easily.  Currently, that is so not the case!  I know that will improve with time but I feel so dumb when I can’t remember the simplest of things.  Thank goodness for the calendar on my phone, without it I would be so lost!  Ah well, this too shall pass! 🙂

I am also drinking tons of water.  It really does help with the cravings and helps keep me full.  I don’t feel like I am snacking as much as last week and definitely not as much as my previous attempts to quit.  I am eating a lot of cinnamon jolly ranchers, though.  But that’s more because I LOVE them than because of my quit.

Now that I have more energy, I would like to start walking.  Finding time, and with the weather not really cooperating, it’s hard to get started.    I’m a bit of a dork, I love the Pokemon Go game.  There is a small lake here in town that has a trail around it.  My hubby and I love to go out there and walk around, looking at nature and of course, catching Pokemon.  We went a lot during the summer but my breathing, or lack thereof, kept us from being able to walk completely around it.  We had to stop a lot and let me rest.  I am hoping that my breathing will improve enough, and the weather cooperate, that we can get out there and walk the entire trail soon.  I am truly looking forward to that!

All in all, I feel better each day.  I am still excited about giving up this addiction.  I honestly feel like this is it, this is my time to achieve freedom.  I am not delusional.  I know I still have a long road ahead of me.  I know there will be difficult times ahead.  But I have a great support system that I am utilizing that as much as I can and this time, I truly, honestly, desperately want to quit.  I will succeed.

Much love, thanks and prayers to you all for your support, kindness and advice!  I can’t stress enough how much you all have helped me!  Thank you!

6 Comments
YoungAtHeart

I know it isn't as much fun, but you can always walk the mall if there is one near you.  In a little bit, you will have saved enough money from not smoking to join a gym, too.  Exercise is one of the best things you can do when you quit. 

Glad you understand the value of distraction.  Quittig takes effort on your part in the early days, but it does get easier.

The brain fog WILL lift.  I lost ALL motivation at some point in my quit and simply felt like a log.  It pased!

Hang in there!

Nancy

TerrieQuit

It seems like you are right on target to me. Congratulations on  9 days! Keep moving forward, you have a winning attitude!  ~Terie~

Don't Quit on your Quit!

elvan

Sounds like you are doing great.  Distraction is a great tool, walking is wonderful when you can do it.  I also play computer games like Solitaire and Free Cell to get my mind "organized"...it honestly helps me to focus.

Great job, tomorrow, you reach DOUBLE DIGITS in your quit!

bipin_nair

Thanks for sharing Ceana. Thats a great piece of writing. Keep going.

crazymama_Lori

you're doing what it takes, good job !!!!

Silverstar

Way to go, Ceana, keep doing what you're doing.  Glad your distractions are doing the trick, and congrats on those 9 Days of Freedom!!!

We're often up to our cabooses in snow and ice and whatnot, but there is a core of 'mall walkers' here, my dad among them, and they're there, rain or shine or whatever.  I think it's dull, prefer to read or watch TV when I'm exercising, but maybe you and hubby can do it together? 

Your attitude is great, and truly and honestly wanting to succeed and be Quit is what will get you there, plus your support group.  Glad EX is part of that group!