Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 95. Slow and steady wins the race

Nix
1 7 24

I have to share some wonderful newa.

I have found my waist!!!!  And ive lost a chin!!!!!. And at long last my scales are showing a 4 lb loss 🙂 Wooooohhhhhhooooooo

Its been a very long time but caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror ( i dont look very often i can ssure you!) And spotted my waist for the first time in a long long time , had to do a double check to make sure i wasnt imagining things.

Got on the scales feeling optimistic and 4 whole pounds have disappeared. I am sooo excited. This is a direct result of stopping smoking and focusing on my health instead of lurking in doorways or hiding round corners smoking my head off.

So for any doubters out there, all the advice on this site is right, it takes time, it is a journey, it gets better.

I thank my lucky stars that i am still able to exercise my way through this, as walking has been my savour and finally i am beginning to see the additional benefits. I genuinely never ever thought my mouth would utter those words

Thank you all for being beside me through this, holding my hand through the rocky bits, giving me a push up the steep bits.

How lucky are we to have this community

7 Comments