Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 8 v.2014 - A walk in the park

pero-the-vuk
0 5 26

Morning from West Londonium,

Down to the 15mg patch without one, single, hitch. Going to 10's in 5 days time then the small jump off the last little step down to the top - as it were. Thankful that I've done the time from last year, learning about the reality of being a non smoker. Last time was my first, proper attempt at getting off these things so quite a lot of things that happened were for the first time. Some okay. Some, absolutely shocking. (NML).

So... What am I doing to change the approach this time, Tommy? (Thanks for asking... )

Well... I'm an artist/musician who's spent the most part of my life turning in at anywhere from 3-5am and waking at 1-2pm. Don't get me wrong, I work as hard as anyone I know, but I've done an about turn. I'm going through big change. Starting with readjusting my sleep patterns.

I'm waking at 7.30am at the moment.

I live near a beautiful luscious park, full of greenery (oxygen), dogs (good fun to watch) and people who've already done what I'm starting to do (walking, breathing, energising their systems - vit D from early morning sunshine, fresh air and movement). Wow... I never knew that people worked out - outside!! How long has this phenomenon been going on?!

It's another world out there. But it is wonderful. I am energised beyond even my own belief.

I am reversing, or in the process of - undoing 32 years of sucking up all kinds of c**p, wolfing down all sorts of chemicals, animal fats, sugars, corn syrup, artificial sweetener, preservatives, you name it.

So along with the tobacco, I have ditched:

Sugar, completely.

Cow's milk. (Odd, that we change childrens milk from the Mother, to... erm... a cow?! No?)

I have all but stopped eating processed red meats or animal fats. The vegetarian range these days is actually quite phenomenally good, compared to say, 1984.

I no longer touch anything containing dextrose, sucrose or any other 'ose'. Our livers are not made to break down or process these sweeteners. This stays in our system, endlessly, from what I can garner, info wise.

...That kind of thing.

All these things are drugs to me, now. Even food. Front page of our dailies over here only 2 days ago stated how scientists are now claiming that red meats or a high protein meat diet is as bad for you as smoking 20 a day. Man... I'm giving up the whole damned lot of it.

I've dropped 6lbs in a week. Feel thinner, even on the inside. Am starting to sense what smells a little like fuel in my blood stream or nostrils, it smells nice... I mean... me? Able to smell something?!

Who knew?

And I am thinking better.

Did some reading about benzene the other day. One of the many chemicals in tobacco. Read someone talking about the benzene 'hit', so have just done some research via my internet engine, and got this:

Benzene is an outright enemy of the human body. Addicts of this substance soon learn that it destroys the bone marrow and can completely deplete the immune system.

Considering I was a 20 - 30 a day filterless tobacco smoker for all those years, it is no wonder then, that I was laying on a doctors table having a needle biopsy under my throat at the age of 29. Swollen nodes, etc. Bugger even told me to not rule out 'the big 'c'. TWENTY NINE! I went home, sat on my sofa, and cried. At the time. Thinking, is this it? Is this me? Done? Already?

No wonder I have holes and pockets all around my teeth. (50% bone loss)

I hate to think how addictive or damaging the other 3, 999 chemicals are then?

And there I was thinking it was just the nicotine.

This is EVIL incarnate.

Every human being deserves better than this.

B-r-e-a-t-h-e. People.

B-r-e-a-t-h-e the air (as Pink Floyd once sang)

Seriously thinking of starting a petition against the advertising of a new electronic cigarette over here - I think they''re called 'Kings' or something. I thought that smoking ads were a thing of the past. Relics. Seemingly though, it's okay then, to blatantly advertise this shit as it's seen as a 'safer' option by those not in the know. These ads are all over the Premier league football games. Honestly, I saw the ad last night, it was like the 1970's all over again. DIm lit scene, good looking model guy sucking up the poison and looking really smug with himself.

This is big tobacco. It has to be affiliated.

Just another, 'safer', way of getting kids hooked on the drug. A stabiliser, or armband, til the youngster see's the real thing...

Lambs to the slaughter.

How do they get away with this? ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$'s perchance??)

Pero 🙂

5 Comments