cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 8-9

shanmck121
2 5 128

It's been about a week since my last journal. Since then, I have been back at work. During work, I am so distracted from my tasks that I don't find myself craving as often. I've been staying at work and have got myself into a routine of not leaving. My cravings are 0-2 during the work day.

My mornings have been the most intimidating for me. I find myself getting so angry for chosing to quit. It's easier to "convince myself" how much easier it is to pick the cigarette up and start again. My own opinion on my quit journey is "if I pick it up, I will not quit. Now or in the future." I've been trying to repeat my own mantra to me or reminding myself of my reasons why. This seems to be only temporary and causes more frustration. 

I need to try and find more ways to cope with it and manage my cravings. I haven't tried veggies, cinnamon sticks or toothpicks as of yet. I worry myself I will create a food addiction like my Grandma has since she has quit. So, food is not an option for me to resort to. 

I will get through this. I've had so much positive words and praise given to me from family, co workers and friends. it encourages me to keep on this. I've got this. ONE. STEP. AT. A. TIME.

And, so do you ! 🙂 

5 Comments