cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 738 and still my brain plays tricks on me !

bonniebee
0 6 90

Hi Ex 'ers .....So many places now to go and visit sometimes I find it just a little overwhelming ! Anyone else feeling that way ? The positives outweigh the negatives in my opinion I can type bigger and in Purple That is an awesome additive !

Yesterday I was having an argument with my friend and grabbed her pack of cigarettes I wanted to smoke to spite her not because i wanted to smoke ! I knew I would be spiting myself so I stopped plus she said," you're not going to have one of my cigarettes ". I am also glad she said that just in case !!! 

Got to go ....to be continued !!!

6 Comments
elvan

You don't do that any more, Bonnie!  PERIOD!

Mandolinrain

Wow, that is scary territory! Im so glad you didn't break your quit, as you know all the hard work you did to just throw it out over an argument. SO GLAD YOU STAYED STRONG!!!

The  care AND STAY STRONG!

Giulia

Well you may have been arguing with your friend, but at least she loved you enough  to warn you not to smoke!  Or maybe she just didn't want to share!  lol  We ALWAYS have to watch our backs with this addiction.  You might do some re-reading in Relapse Traps (just put it in the search box) or go to https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/relapse-prevention?sr=search&searchId=8141650b-5b59-40c0-8...  Reinforcements are in order!

Stopforgood

Wow.  Scary.  Glad you persevered!

MarilynH

Deep breathe along with N.O.P.E. - and vigilance gives us a beautiful life of Freedom, whew my bonniebee , thankfully you are in control over your precious Forever Quit. (((Huge hug from me to you)))

TerrieQuit

You know what to do bonniebee and you did it! You are doing a wonderful job! Please be careful!  ~Terrie~

About the Author
I am the Mother of 4 children , a Grandmother and Great Grandmother . I am a retired LNA /CNA and I live in South Western New Hampshire . I am a native of Martha's Vineyard Island . My room mate Karen and I have 6 pets : Two dogs Lily and Jonah, one cat Olivia, two bunnies Lila and Emma and one guinea pig Allie . I enjoy reading ,knitting, walking, especially in the woods, at the river or the beach I also like taking photographs with my camera . I miss my family and my Island .