cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 70. Ok, what's next? I think I need to slow down.

schneidl
0 14 24

So, I'm super excited about being smoke free. It's awesome. It is something I've wanted for so long and I crave less and less now.

That being said, being able to follow through with quitting and re-committing every day has made me feel so powerful and awesome that I have gotten all wrapped up in all the changes one can possibly make to be a healthy, happy human being.

I need to stop. I need to stop worrying about the fact that I've gained a few lbs since I quit. I need to stop thinking about how now I can train for that 5k and eventually half marathon.  I need to stop worrying about cutting all sugar out of my diet,  buying every latest and greatest skin cream to "anti-age" myself, saving money not only on the fact I don't buy smokes anymore but also by taking my lunch to work most days a week.

See, all of these things are awesome and I can do it but for the love of pete, maybe I should take one at at time.

I think being able to quit smoking just made me feel like a super hero! And by all means, all of us Ex'ers rock! We are awesome. We are rock stars. We are also human. We need to just focus on that quit. We need to nurture it and love it and just bask in every smoke free day. 

It is my forever quit. I don't smoke. I don't want to smoke. Every day when I wake up and I'm able to add the day before to my smoke free count, it makes me smile. 

You can do it. You have to do it. The feeling of accomplishment is awesome. The pride you'll feel is great and well deserved. Just remember, you are human and you'll crave, and you'll still have days that aren't all that great and days that are so great. All in all, you'll have more days. More days on earth healthy, more days on earth with better skin and easier breathing, more mornings you can have your coffee, MORE MORE MORE 🙂

14 Comments
YoungAtHeart

Hello - Fellow Type A!  When you figure this out, PLEASE let me know!!!!  

And, please don't forget you are still in NML - so don't get TOO cocky!!!  Keep NOPE in the front of your mind as you celebrate each new day!

...and congratulations!

Nancy

Quit 7/4/12

TheNewMe_Jo

Great blog.

Always remember how amazing you feel right now and keep it with you forever!

Celebrate! You ARE a Super HERO!

Jim133

I know exactly what you mean. I went out yesterday and bought a pair of running shoes. Running shoes! I'm 64 years old and I've been smoking for 46 years. That's not going to stop me from running the Peachtree Road Race. Hell, I might even win it!

lois2

congrats on 70 days , i am proud of you, but don't let old NIC slip up on you, last time i relapes on day 73 but i want this time.

jojo_2-24-11

Congrats on 70 days! The boost in self esteem alone is so worth it!

Patty-cake

You are crazy delirious with super human powers! Pretty cool what happens after we quit smoking. Makes ya wonder why we waited so long to get started, doesn't it?

Schneidl, enjoy the honeymoon of your powerful quit. Hold onto it for as long as you can. But as Nancy said, don't get caught off-guard. Always remember where you started, because you don't want history to repeat itself.

great blog!

Brian100

Congrats on day 70 - and Jim, I think you will win!

Just a cautionary tale - I quit for 12 years and relapsed.  So here I am going through it all over again.  Stay positive and strong, and this will be your forever quit. 

Strudel

What a great blog!! You are a super hero!! Plus - it really is true - if you can quit smoking - you CAN DO ANYTHING!! But - I think you good right now with focusing on your quit! Congrats on 70 days!! MORE is right!! 

Ex_Nancy

♥ u, slow down,lol!!!    🙂       

justsayno3

Do not slow down. Keep the pedal to the metal and rock this world. Schneidly- You are all that and a bag of chips. You are a super hero. Bullet proof and faster than the speed of light. Your energy is tiring but exhilirating. Go girl. 

justsayno3

Do not slow down. Keep the pedal to the metal and rock this world. Schneidly- You are all that and a bag of chips. You are a super hero. Bullet proof and faster than the speed of light. Your energy is tiring but exhilirating. Go girl. 

SkyGirl

Okay, Annie, somewhere in all these comments, there is a middle-ground.  You ARE awesome.  I've loved the heck out of you from the moment you came to EX.  And I totally get how you feel like conquering the world.  No...that's a total lie.  I was really proud of myself for quitting...but I could hardly put a decent meal on the table for the first few weeks.  There is some truth in each of these comments above.  1) Yes, be careful.  Don't get overconfident because that's one of the ways people lose their Quits at your stage of the game., 2) Don't slow down, IF IF IF you really feel that you can handle an additional self-improvement project right now.  Maybe just run a lot, but don't set goals of running in half-marathons just yet.

Annie, give yourself more than 70 days to become comfortable in your new skin as a non-smoker.  You will go DAYS without thinking about wanting a cigarette, and then it may hit you like a tsunami.  Or it may never hit you.  But please stay aware of the possibility.  I want SOOO very much for you to succeed.  And that's why I'm cautioning you against becoming overconfident.  Too many Quits are lost at the place where you are right now...

XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOO,     Sky

SkyGirl

P.S.  Every single time I look at  your profile pic, I think..."What a WONDERFUL smile that woman has!"  Annie, your smile reaches your eyes!  You are beautiful!

xxxooo,   Sky

joyeuxencore

I second the above! How great to be so EXcited...each day enjoy to the fullest...every activity from doing the dishes to getting dressed to tasks at home & work...enjoy every waking moment showing up for your own life with as much love as possible...for right now  you are already the best Annie you can be...you are 70 days free...wow...we used to dream about this...we knew life could be so much better if we just quit smoking! Well we did it...we are already fabulous! xo