cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 7

clement45
0 6 15

One week and going strong! I am currently using the patch and gum along with several apps on my phone and having people to text redilly available. I am  alone a lot since I live alone and drive for work alone. So, for me I have to keep someone and something ready to keep me on track all the time. I am holding myself accountable on a daily basis which can be tough but I know I can do it. I'm thankful that there is so much out there to connect with. I set up to recieve a text 5 times or more a day to remind me of why I quit and any support I need. I just text in Mood, Crave, or Slip and there's someone there to assist me anytime 24/7 by text. Either they will send me a link or remind me of things I can do that I forget about when having symptoms. This has been fantastic for me. I set this up through Text2Quit.com.  

It's a sunny day so my plan today is to get some things around the house done and take my dog for a walk, give him a bath and this evening I'm going to a friends housewarming party which I've been waiting to see her new home. I'm a little nervous b/c I don't know a lot of the people and do not know if others will be smoking. My plan is to go and if there are others smoking then I won't stay long.

Alrighty, off I go

Enjoy your weekend

6 Comments
lucy705

Be careful using the nicotine gum.  I am on here because I quit smoking using the nicotine lozenges and then became addicted to the lozenges.

Ladybug--7-3-12

Welcome & congrats on 7 days smoke free!  Woo Hoo!  Patty d662

lois2

your doing great, take one day at a time , i am on day 6 we can do this.

Strudel

Congrats on one week! Feel sorry for those smokers! Having a plan is great - congrats again! 

Polynha

Congratulations! You are doing great! Stay strong!

sadiewilliams

Great job for the first week down!!  You got through the hardest part...the first three days!  Keep going forward!  What got me through the first week was I kept saying I don't want to back to day 1!  Well, that's still what I say when things get tough.  But I don't think about them nearly as much now than I did the first week.  You are smart to keep yourself busy!  Keep going!