cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 7

richele
0 8 13

One week!!!   WooHoo!!!!!  I've started going to church again, which a lot of the people there don't smoke. And I'm trying to get more involved with the church.  We have a women's conference Friday night and Saturday morning.  I've thought about volunteering at a kitchen for homeless or low income people.  Really anyone can eat there.  You can give donations if you want.  I'm just a little afraid that I won't get a day off an then I'll get burned out.  So I'm really thinking hard and praying before I decide wheather to volunteer or not.

I go to my parents a lot.  They have a smoke free home.  So I don't have any temptation when I'm there.  I'm definately learning to live again with out cigs.  It's a good feeling.  Frustrating at times, but all and all a good feeling.

8 Comments
Yaya2.6.10

Hooray for one week and for protecting your Quit by being in areas with non-smokers.  

jojo_2-24-11

Congrats on 1 week!

lisa11209

Congratulations!  Great idea to find more positive activities to fill your time.

froguelady

Congrats on one week, big hurdle to cross. You are doing a good job on protecting your quit.  Being in a smoke free enviroment is a great way to do that.  Plan carefully so you do not get overtired as that can be a quit killer.Have a good smoke free day. HUGS

ShawnP

craftylady

YAHOO!!  WAY TO GO!!  Won't lie there will be some bumps in the road but come here for help - BUT IT IS GOING TO GET BETTER AND BETTER the longer you go!!  PROMISE!!

babs13

Richele,

I hope you will reward yourself for getting through "HELL Week"..

You should be very proud of the way you handled this quit so far.

Keep fighting for your new and improved non-smoking life.

CONGRATULATIONS!!

richele

Thanks everyone!!!!