Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 7

DaveT383
0 17 224

Hello All,

Yes, I made it. A full week. It was really appreciated to have you all sending messages of support and encouragement. It helped a lot more than I could have thought it would. I had a bad day Friday. A tough day, but I just kept telling myself that smoking wasn't going to make it any better, so just keep going through the day. This too shall pass. And I did it. I had a friend of mine with me on Saturday night that fortunately helped me through a weak moment, but other than that, it has been OK.

17 Comments
Michwoman

Woohoo Dave!!! 7 Days is really awesome!! Good Job - please keep going! I want the ex-smoker Army to put them danged tobacco companies out of business!

Buddy12

I think you said it best....."Smoking isn't going to make it better."  That's what I always say, too........that, and "Not One Puff Ever......NOPE".....keep up your good work, Dave.

Chris265

Go Dave!  And we still want to know what you are teaching punks.

Jordan-11-1-12

Congrats Dave!!  

One thing I learned to do that made it easier for me in the beginning was, taking a ten minute break from people and situations.  Sometimes, I realized, that it wasn't the actual cig that I was craving, but the ten minutes to myself, away from everything. I learned to take my time-out without smoking, but simply to be alone with my thoughts. Dunno if that helps or not.  

Keep up the good work!

~Jordan~

11/1/12

thebreezeone

I look forward to my first week down.  Congrats!

Giulia

Wowza!!!!  A week.  That's fantastic!  And that's exactly the way to get through the tough emotional times - by saying "smoking won't solve this problem.."  Smoking will just make you lose all the ground you've gained in your quit..  And THAT makes you feel worse, not better!  Good going.  Stay tough!

leisha_91713
Great job! Keep on keepin on!
johio

Hell Week is over...great job

freeneasy

Congratulations on Week 1 Dave! Smoking does not make anything better- I say that to myself every day!

sistaaah

Woo-hoo!!! 

Mandolinrain

You Rock! Awesome and congrats!!!!!!!!

DaveT383

Thank you all! @ Chris, if you read my blog post from Day 4, I think in there I talk about my teaching.

karenkc1

Congratulations on 1 week!  I have been through the week from hell and all i kept saying was ODAT!!!  Congrats!!!!

Nyima_1.6.13

Congratulations and keep up the great work!

Strudel

Hooray! Congrats on one week! You are doing fine and dandy - stay close! 

Danno_11-10-12

It keeps getting better Dave. Stay the course. Great job on one week

kfelix1

HI, I am new on here, just wanted to say wow good for you! Im going to try telling myself just what you said, Its not going to make things any better 🙂  I was smoking over a pack a day but now down to 5 in the past 2 days with the help of a mod e cig but getting thru the after eating part Im not sure about, how do you manage that best? any advice? feel free to send me a message Ill browse around the site and see what other members have posted to start off with 😉

About the Author
My smoking story goes back to when my older brother stole a cigarette from my parents and in the dead of a winter day, we crept out of the house, huddled up behind a big green hydro box parked in somebody's suburban front lawn, got it lit and puffed on it. I was 8 years old.