cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 7 And I Can Breathe!

exsmokermom
0 8 17

My 3 and a 1/2 great-niece is staying with my husband and me. I took her to the park today and I am worn out, tired and exhausted. What surprised me is that I could breathe a lot easier. I hadn't noticed how much easier it is to breathe even after one week!  Starting week 2 as a non-smoker!  N.O.P.E.

8 Comments
YoungAtHeart

Yes!

I bet your great-niece is happy you don't smell like an ashtray anymore, too!

Keep doing what you're doing; it's obviously working for you!

Nancy

hnolan
What a great observation and reason to keep your quit!
JACKIE1-25-15

I am glad the you recognize the benefits of being a non smoker.   Keep your quit no matter what.

bonniebee

Isn't it great to be able to breathe deeply again ? I love it ! You are doing great keep it going !

lois2

hang on to your quit, it just keep getting better. congrats

djmurray

Awesome!  You're through one of the hardest parts, and you can definitely do this.  Stay close, keep reading, and keep that quit!!

Eric_L.

Yea.for the longest time ive dreaded my 6 and 4 yr old nephews wanting 2go outside to play bc I dont want to be short of breath.

mustangsally3

Kids are a powerful motivator in staying quit, I am 37, I have COPD and Emphysema, I have two beautiful girls and I haven't used any of my six inhalers except once or twice but as for my oxygen or my steroids I have not used them at all since I quit. Every day I breathe a little deeper and fuller an you will too.

What an amazing feeling it is too, as our lmgs begin to turn back time and we begin to heal ourselves from the inside out.

Contradulations!!!

❤️ Carolyn