cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 7 - 1 Week Down and Gone!

hattie
0 3 18

Here 'Tis... day 7; my first week without a smoke in my grippers for many, many years... a lifetime, really!

Today is Sunday, which some might think is very apt... myself... well, it's a good day no matter how I look at it.

Stewart of the Vinyl Cafe is talking on the radio... one of my most favorite of radio shows. You can listen to it on most NPR stations or take a listen by visiting the CBC and look it up. Stewart is such a great teller of stories.

I thought I'd stop in here to visit for a bit before I run off to take care of normal Sunday activities, which include the ironing of clothes for the upcoming work week.

I bathed Katie Ma'am, our little cocker spaniel, before breakfast. I just finished drying her off, so for the moment during this rainy season, she is soft, fluffy and smells really good.

In a bit, as soon as my sweetie is done doing whatever it is he is doing, I will cut his hair. He's getting that 'Don King' look, as he puts it. Cracks me up when he says that, because to tell the truth...it is true!

A guy, my sweetie used to be on submarines with, used to say "my shit's draggin'" when his hair was getting a little long... others said they were headed to the barber shop to have their 'ears lowered!' All descriptions are pretty funny... at least to me.

Myself... every couple of months I trim a few inches off the bottom of my hair and call it good. Mine is down to my ever enlarging back side! But... with the advent of better weather I should be able to  pare down a fair amount of that backside of mine, before the temperature hits 80 degrees!

Gotta run, as chores are awaiting. Thanks folks for helping me reach the end of my first smoke free week!

3 Comments