Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 69

butt-kicker
0 7 98

Hello Everyone!

It's been awhile since I blogged and I just thought I'd write about my day today.

If any of you are watching the super bowl, well then you can see how beautiful it was out here today in So. Fla. Me & my little doggie went out riding around in my new car. Oh that "new car" smell. Something I never had in my entire life until now.  Seems my nose is ultra sensitive these days too!

We went to a few plant nurseries today. I wanted to look at some flowers and things as I am re-doing some of my plant beds here. Anyways, my little dog "Taz" he is like a people magnet,,lol  So we have all these people coming up to see him , pet him and even hug & kiss his little face. He loves all that. I swear over half them people are smokers, and wow, it was pretty bad from where I stood. I was so shocked to realize just how awful I used to smell,,,for 31 years I walked around smelling like that?  To me it wasn't just bad smelling, it was repulsive. I wondered how many people in my past lifetime did I repulse with my offensive odor and never even realize it? How sad that we never really knew how bad, and the fact that no one really ever says anything to us, or maybe they did and we just didn't hear them.

Well, I just wanted to share this with you all. I still can't get over it! I am so happy to be where I am, but sad about where I used to be too! Does that make any sense?  I feel bad for those who want to quit but just can't find that one good reason to do it. If someone had come and told me how badly I smelled all of the time, maybe that would have helped me along,,ha!  I hope someone who is thinking about quitting reads this, and if so, just know that no one will tell you this, but,  you stink!

Have a great night all! Go Saints!

Hugs!

Diane

7 Comments
Mary84

Thanks Diane, So happy you had such a good day and I hope beyond all the hugs and kisses for Taz and the joy of driving your great smelling car you found some beautiful flowers.   And thanks for telling me, a bit too late now, but yes, oh how we stunk.   I have thought about that a lot too, how no one ever told me how I smelled but worse everyone always said I should quit but never told me WHY!   Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr    Although I guess I should have figured it out on my own.   Oh the fog we were in.

And, yes, I know how you feel being happy where you are now, but feeling sad for where you used to be.  One day I had a pretty good cry about it--all those years in the dark.    We found the light though and that's what is important.

Love ya, Mary................................and not that I care but since you do...............Go Saints!

va72lady

Diane, I wish i was on day 69 instead of day  4.....Congrats to you and all the best.

Debi12

Diane, you are right about how bad smokers smell!!  It is very very bad.  I've always had a good sense of smell even as a smoker.  So now that I've quit ..............my sense of smell is like.... ultra super.... bionic woman strong!!  (really though ,,,now I can probably just smell almost as well as a non- smoker)  Going to the mall or bookstore, I can smell a smoker 10 feet away!

Congratulations!  I know you must love driving in your brand new car - that wonderful brand new car smell!!!!!

69 days - woohoo !!!!

molzep

I wonder if the smell is why some people didn't talk to me at my son's basketball games. I hate to even write that down, but I have thought it.

Sounds like a great day for you - make any flower decisions? 10 weeks in the morning Wahoo!

so_over_it

Wow 69 days!! You are amazing! Way to go!

I can totally see your dog being a people magnet ...he's so cute that I asked you if he was real when I first saw his pic on here. hahahahah.

I can't believe we used to smell like that either...it's pretty embarrassing! I do understand about being sad for where we were.....I'm sad that I had to live like that for so long, but so happy that I don't anymore!

ohiosheltielady

Hey you!  Glad to see your blog.  Was wonderful to read.  And the Saints won!!!!!!

maynell

Hey, yes it is horrifying to think I went around smelling bad for so long. It makes me cringe to think about it. I'm also a gardener, even though you wouldn't know it by looking at my yard right now! Winter has been hard on my plants!