cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 65 -- The days are going by quickly now

djmurray
0 7 2

How did I get from Day 5 to Day 65 already?  It amazes me how quickly the time is passing now.  Part of it is because as these days unfold I am not obsessed with either smoking or quitting smoking.  So the days have taken on more of a natural rhythm, and they're whizzing by.  It's interesting that I haven't  struggled for quite a while.  I'm not saying I won't have challenges, but come to think of it I don't think I'll be "struggling" because I know that those feelings will flow and ebb.  I'm still in No Man's Land and I appreciate the fact that my quit is vulnerable to unexpected and intense craves, but I'm confident that when they come, no matter how they jump out at me, I have the tools to move through it without fighting, without suffering and with the certainty that they will pass.  

The diet is going well, too.  I did cheat a little this evening -- I SO enjoyed the salad that I made at dinner, that I made another salad a little while ago.  I know that salad isn't going to make me fat (and I eat it without any dressing, so there are very few calories).  I think this diet is balanced in some way that eating an extra salad may mess it up for the day..  But I decided I cared more about having another delicious salad than I did messing up my diet for one day.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

7 Comments