cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 62 The smell of smoke is causing me to vomit

beth84
0 4 51

Unbelieveable!!! Yesterday on the way home from work my van breaks down and have to call a tow truck, figured out it is the fuel pump, that's going to be a hefty bill!!! While waiting for the tow truck to take my van to a service station and my husband to meet me and pick me up, I did finally have a chance to read Allen Carrs book again, it is my hip companion, in the moment, material to read to daily remind myself that each day is getting better and I'm healthier for it.  Lo and behold, the tow truck shows up and then my husband in his car.  The tow truck man comes up to my window and I roll down the window and he smells like an ashtray, outdoors even!!! I start to feel nausea and ignore it.  My husband drives on to meet us at the service station, don't know why I didn't ride with my husband.  I get in the tow truck and instantly vomit out the passenger side window, not a pretty sight.  He asks me if I have the flu and if I'm okay, I told him no I did not, it is the ash tray smell in his tow truck.  By this time, I am white as a sheet, my cell phone is dead and I'm on an exit ramp so even for my husband to come get me would take too much time.  After all, super bowl was starting in two hours and I'm an hour from home.  I decide to suck it up and keep my head near the window with it rolled down, it's only 32 degrees outside.  Got my van dropped off and my husband takes me home and I tell him why I now look like I've been hit by a truck.

Today, I go to the service station first thing before work to give them the key to my van, I walk in the door, the men inside are smoking in the main entrance.  Here in MI, we have a law about this, there is no smoking in any business establishment.  What do I do...drum roll please....I vomit, right in the middle of the floor in front of the service desk.  I am asked if I'm okay, I told them I think it is the smoking, and extremly embarrassed!!!

Anyone ever hear of smoke causing a person to vomit after they quit?!?!?!?!  This is the third time it has happened. 

Blessings,

Beth

4 Comments