Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 62 - 2 months ago today

Cindy210
0 9 622

Hi Ex-ers!

Today is day 62 according to the quit calendar.  According to the wall calendar, I became an EX smoker 2 months ago today.  I'm very proud of myself no matter how its measured!  

I still have moments when it feels like I quit a long time ago and then I think it wasn't that long at all.  And, the craziest things make me think about a cigarette.  This evening I drove across a mountain that made my ears pop.  I opened my mouth to even the pressure in my ears and....poof...I thought about smoking!  So weird - I never smoked to relieve ear-popping.

An odd observation....I'm noticing cigarette smoke smell on people I have never seen smoke.  It feels weird.  People I know smoke have a strong odor, even their kids smell like smoke.  As a smoker, I knew sometimes smokers had very, very strong odors.  I would not let myself acknowledge just how badly it permeates everything.  Another observation, another co-worker has a very strong odor - not smoking, just odor.  I don't understand why either.  It seems like she has the resources to shower.  I don't know, its very confusing to me.  I think smoking kept my sense of smell numb and I never recognized these odors before.

Overall, the craves are minor and I get through most of the day without the thought of smoking (or even a crave).  Sometimes, I just remember the things I did to smoke and the places I found to smoke.  I feel like I just need to make new memories, let time take away some of the old and just simply relearn life without the Nicodemon.  I strongly admire traditions and history in general.  I have to be sure I don't start romancing the cig with nostalgia.  "I don't do that anymore!" and "N.O.P.E".  

Thanks to all the support on this site, I have made it thus far, and with all your support in the future, I'm sure I am going to keep on going!  Thanks to everyone who makes this site so great.  For those coming behind me....If I can do it, so can you!  

9 Comments