cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 606

Barbara145
0 21 28

I quit smoking 10/11/13.  I had no lung problems at that time.  In January 2014 I was hoarse.  I went to an ENT and had my throat scoped and have not been right since. I could not understand why my lungs got so bad, so quick.  I asked for a chest CT last May.  It showed emphysema. No sympathy from the Doc's.  You have COPD.  Take all these meds.  It did not make sense to me.  I had smoked for 52 years.  The emphysema had to have been there for awhile. Fast forward to now..  I have had horrible shortness of breath becoming worse the last month.  Last Monday morning, I almost died.  I live alone and I couldn't breath.  I tried everything I knew.  Finally after 30 minutes, it turned around.  I felt terrible for 2 days.  Strange sensations all over my body.  I called my pulmonologist and he put me on a 9 day course of prednisone.  You know what?  I am now back to where I was when I quit smoking 18 months ago. No Inhalers.  I think I had an acute inflammatory reaction to the ENT procedure which had not healed.  I am so healthy.  I eat a healthy diet, take lots of vitamins, I exercise daily.  I started the Salt Spa Therapy one month ago.  It is wonderful.  I go 3 times a week for now.  I can run sprints, climb stairs.  Thank God.  I will let you know how it goes.  Right now I have so much hope.  I wish the newbies success.  I love this journey I am on.  You will too if you give it a chance.  Take care exer's.  Love, Barbara  

21 Comments
perlanegra

Hope you feel better Barbara keep going you can do this . God is with you all the way !

exsmokermom

Hope you're feeling better. 

Jennifer-Quit

Barbara - I am confused - You say your shortness of breath got worse about a month ago - about the same time you say you started the Salt Spa Therapy.  Are you sure it is not connected?  I only ask because I care about you and wish you all the best.

Barbara145

Hi Jennifer.  Yes and no.  The Salt therapy actually deeply cleans toxins, allergens and bacteria from the lungs.  I actually had been sick since February. Research salt therapy.  I will never stop going.  It is an amazing way to rehab the lungs and greatly diminish the worsening of COPD.  It kills bacteria and it is anti-inflammatory.  The two things that are of the most concern when it comes to COPD.  Thanks for your kind and caring words. 

bonnie-12-28-14

I'm happy for you Barbara and I think a good attitude always helps!!  You go girl.

NOPE

elvan

My son bought me a salt lamp for my room...the closest place for salt therapy to where I am is two hours away and costs $25 for a session...I could not afford that no matter what good it did.  I sure would love to be able to breathe though.  

I hope you continue to feel better, I think it's great.

Where is the spa you go to?

Barbara145

It is in Richmond, Ellen.  It is 50.00 a month if you join for a year, unlimited visits. (for seniors.)  I love it more and more.  I have gone 13 times.  For COPD you need to go 20 to 30 times for long term results.  You do tune ups every 2 to 3 months after that.  It does so much for your entire body.  I feel blessed that I found it.  You are in my prayers, Ellen.  It is difficult suffering with COPD.  I pray you will find your solution. 

elvan

I am two hours from Richmond, I would LOVE to go but I don't even think I could get there once a month, thanks for letting me know though.  I appreciate it and your prayers!

linda.mustafa

Hello Barbara, congratulations on your 606 beautiful smoke free days and I'm so happy that the salt therapy is doing wonders for your health...Keep doing it and stay well and happy!

Best wishes x

JonesCarpeDiem

I'm sorry you are having these troubles and I hope it improves for you.

JACKIE1-25-15

I hope everything turns out well.  Congratulations on your 606 days.

Sootie

Barbara----this is interesting.......never heard of salt therapy. Will have to read up on this. Glad it is working for you. Hope the good health continues.

Giulia

My cousin has several salt lamps in her home, but I had never heard of salt therapy for lungs.  Thanks for the info.  And kudos on the 606!

swilson2

Wonderful news i am so happy your feeling better. i had never heard of salt anything for the lungs, how does it work ?.

Eric_L.

wow!!!

Thomas3.20.2010

I also recommend Salt Therapy. I'm glad you're using it. Since your crisis have you put in place a contingency plan for the next emergency? Sadly, the chances are they will happen. Having a backup plan helps to relieve anxiety. Considering the ENT as the source of your crisis makes sense to me. Hope you continue to get better from that one and continue to take excellent care of yourself! Breathe Easy!

smorgy8513

Glad you have found something to help (salt therapy) and sorry that you are still struggling.    Stay close here, learn as well as pass along what you are learning.      I am going to look into salt therapy.    I don't have the lung issues (thank you Jesus) but do have chronic pain issues.    Not sure if that would help that.

Congrats on your quit!      606 (today 607) is amazing!

Sharon

jacks1125

Hey barbara, congrat 606 days of smoke -freedom!! so proud of u!!

tbird7

wow!! very powerful story barbara....stay strong. 

i'm def going to look into sea salt therapy. i'm also going to buy a few  himalayan salt lamps. and researching pillows now.

Awesome journey!!! 606 days!!! that must feel amazing!

wendyb

Thank you for your encouraging post. I am at Day 1.

NewEnglander

Barbara, what courage!  Hope you continue to feel better.  And I want to thank you for your support  yesterday.

Victoria