cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 6

Summer-Rain
0 7 15

Happy monday evening to all of my cyber friends.  I'ts a great feeling to say I passed an unexpected test yesterday when I discovered cigs, in my garage,  Several of you advised me to throw them out but the funny thing was I just didn't feel threatned by them.  Once I vocalized the fact that I didn't smoke anymore I felt confident and I left them there.  Now when my son came by later that evening I had him to remove them from the house and asked him not to bring any more into my home. I don't want any unnecessary temptation in my quit.

I only had one crave today at work and just like clock work this crave came after I had lunch.  I've started a ritual of brushing my teeth and drinking a large bottle of water after lunch and this has been helping.  I sure wish for better weather soon so I can go for a brisk walk after lunch.  I felt kinda lost today since the site was down during my work hours.  This site helps to keep me motivated and connected to people that are on the same journey as me.  I hope all of you also had a smoke free monday and continue to protect your quit. We are getting stronger and stronger every day.  Keep moving forward.

7 Comments
hampton

Absolutely!! One foot in front of the other. This is where i'm at. It's working. You are doing awesome....Peace Deborah.

djmurray

Hi, Summer!  You did so well yesterday, and didn't have a highly emotional reaction to finding that pack of cigarettes in your garage -- you weren't threatened once you processed that you don't do that anymore, and that's a huge step.  You calmly asked your son to remove them and not bring them to the house any more.  Way to go.

I have not been having heavy craves at work, but I have decided that I am going to brush my teeth after lunch to diminish the changes that I have another huge one like I had last week.  I know what you mean about the cold weather, because I would love to get out and take a brisk walk, but I'm just not doing it in 20 degree weather.  As a matter of fact, one of the things I really like about being a nonsmoker is that I no longer have to dress for those outdoor smokebreaks in rain, sleet and snow.  So I don't wear heavy turtlenecks to work anymore!  Great news for comfort indoors, bad news for walking in this weather.

I know exactly what you mean about the site being down during working hours.  I was having a crave (a little one) and I clicked on my bookmark for the site and I know I must have had a pitiful look on my face when I realized I couldn't get here!  I missed my quit crew but made it through the day.

Here's to a terrific Tuesday for all of us!

djmurray

Typing too fast.  I want to diminish the chances, not the changes.

JonesCarpeDiem

That's using your thinking cap!

bethso

Summer  you are doing so well.  Keep up the great work!!

Brenda_M

Hooray! Tomorrow is a week! Good job ditching the cigarettes!!!

Larry576

What a great job in the garage. Keep up the good work. You will continue to be an EX.