cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 6

ldny
0 6 13

Today is Day 6 for me.  I woke up this morning and was less desperate for a nicorette losenge than previous days.  I changed up my morning routine a little and have been walking a different route to the train.  That has helped.  I am still imagininge smoking in various activities-- like in between the wash and dry cycle at the laundry mat-- and wondering, how does one do laundry without smoking?  How does one walk from the subway to the chiropractor without smoking?  How does one walk the dog without smoking?  All of these activities that have usually involved smoking for me (mostly walking).  BUT trying to remember that the longer I go, the more I will re-learn my routines, and they will become more and more separate from the concept of smoking.  I'm reading Allen Carr's materials per a member's suggestion, which is very insightful and helping. It's true-- I do feel DEPRIVED.  Like "it's not fair I can't smoke".  This dialogue in my head keeps running!  And then I try to check it, and remind myself that I didn't always feel the need to smoke, and one day (hopefully soon) will again not feel the need.

6 Comments