cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 6 and 7

kenny3000
0 9 114

Day 6 was just kinda blah.  No big excitement, revelations, or added drama.  A few anxious moments, but nothing crazy.  Day 7 is starting off similarly.  Started the day off with a little yoga and tea.  I'm still apprehensive about sitting down and eating a big meal. I eat smaller meals more periodically.  I'm getting ready for classes to begin again next week and have a little worry, but am glad I quit smoking while on break. I wish it was warmer out so I could ride my bike, but am enjoying peaceful walks on the trail.  My friends here have been very encouraging.  Although, I had to turn a cheek last night when someone said to me, "Don't be surprised if you fail"  This from a guy who's still smoking.  He apologized and said he wishes he could quit and stay quit.  I recommended he check out this site.  Meanwhile, I'll keep on keepin' on.  I remind myself that I STILL WANT THIS!

9 Comments
maggie_8-1-2010

Hi!  Love your attitude! You are doing well with it. As for the guy that made that comment - some people get intimidated when another is quitting. Remember that in case it happens again. As for you - keep on keeping on is right!  You ARE doin this!

vickys79

I know that I was always secretly pleased when someone failed to quit smoking.  It reinforced my belief that it was impossible. I also know that I had (and still have) incredible respect for people that were successful at quitting.

kristin2013

U GO GIRL..KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK...THAT GUY WAS JUST JEALOUS WHEN HE SAID THAT HE WAISHES HE HAD SMOKE FREE DAYS BEHIND HIM...U R RIGHT U STILL WANT THIS AND U SHLD....HE'S REALLY GONNA BE JEALOUS WHEN U R COMPLETLY SUCCESSFUL AT IT! KEEP TRUCKIN GIRL..U R DOING GREAT! ; )

newlife5

always remember that smokers evy you... they really want to quit too but they are addicts... just like us... it takes alot of desire to actually put it into motion... you did the right thing to encourage him.. if he can get his quit started then you can help each other... congrats on your 7 days

newlife5

sorry for the typo... he envies you... more better .. he wants to be like you..and its  not a bad thing either

kenny3000

I am lmao reading the YOU GO GIRL comment.  I don't know many girls named Kenny.  You can't get that kind of support for free.

Strudel

Congrats on day 7!! Your friend will be seeing a shining example of success by watching you! Who knows - it mya rub off on him!

pipster540

Keep it up Kenny...you're doing great!  

buddhagirl

Hi Kenny-

Today is day 6 for me too...luckily no one in my family or circle of friends and co-workers smokes, but I find myself clenching my fists anytime I see smoking on tv or movies or even in the books I read! I agree about the blah feeling, but think maybe I feel a little better than yesterday or the day before---nightime is the hardest for me b/c I used to smoke the most after putting my son to bed.  Let's all do this together---one day @ a time! Bon chance-