cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 6 May 25, 2010

lucky-blue
0 4 51

I"m a bit humbled to say it was easier to get to this spot than I ever imagined. I did alot of reading about triggers, nicotine addiction, quitting cold-turkey vs all the other options, medications etc... and I developed a plan. On day minus 2 I reduced my cigarette intake to 8 on day minus-1 I reduced to 4. On day 1 I simply didn't smoke. One hour at a time I didn't smoke. And I found this website. and I read some more.

It's possible that the smartest thing I did was stop drinking caffeine 3 months ago. Or, I should say, I reduced my caffeine intake to a few sodas per week. I haven't had any caffeine since my quit started - and I bet that's a huge help.

I also set my quit date on my anniversary. Which was also the day I started up smoking (again) 5 years ago. Weird, but it helped to be able to say "no no - don't do it. You'll lose the magical date."

6 days and I am not wheezing when I lie on my back. 6 days quit and my tongue doesn't hurt when I brush my teeth. 6 days quit and I haven't gained a pound because a nice lady jumped on my day 1 blog and told me to go read hte other website which told me to drink fruit juice.

I appreciate all of you - I'll be back tomorrow!

4 Comments
james41

Congratulations! you got it licked now!

blc

Congrats on 6 days.... also check out whyquit.com if you dont already know about that site. im on day 1 myself  and the fruit juice helps....

bobbi

Bonnie11.3.2009

Good for you, now just repeat again and again, no matter what!  You will do great!  Stay close to the site and keep blogging.  We're here for you.

MoeUnfiltered

Congrats on 6 days !!! amazing isn't it ?I stopped the caffeine before my quit too.Not One Puff EVer! Moe