cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 58Smoke- Free

dawn119
0 11 26

Well, I've made it 58 days of being Smoke- free. I would like to thank each and everyone here for the support that has been given to me; because of you, I live another day smoke- free.. I would be lying if I said, that it has been easy for me, or that I haven't thought about smoking a cigarette. It has been a real stuggle for me not to smoke a cigarette, I know that I've drove my husband crazy, when I have these strong cravings.;my husband, will say, that I've come to far to give up now. I'm taking it one moment at a time, hopefully I'll make it through this. I know a lot of the strong cravings are memories of smoking because when I smell cigarette smoke on someone, it really stinks (LOl) I'm hanging in there; if anyone wants to message me, I'll help you as much as I can. I hope everyone is having an awesome, smoke-free day..

11 Comments
YoungAtHeart

Take heart!  Your journey is not over!

You are traveling through No Mans Land - a period of time  2-4 months after you quit when an intense, random crave can hit you out of the blue and almost bring you to your knees.  Use the tools you found helpful early in your quit to distract, distract, distract.  These WILL end and you will be so happy you persevered!

Hang in there!

Nancy

JACKIE1-25-15

Comgrats amd good luck. That an accomplishment.

Ms.J_11-10-2013

58 days are wonderful and you should be proud!!!!  Yes it is a rollercoaster ride of ups and downs but it is doable and you ARE doing it.  Keep up the great work. 

Jackie

Ms. J

JonesCarpeDiem

smoking is not required

Wanda45

You are doing great.. . keep it up.

MarilynH

Stay strong my friend and like you say one moment at a time, congrats on 58 wonderful smoke free days and counting. 

Marilyn 

djmurray

You're 8 days ahead of me and we are definitely in No Mans Land.  I spent the past couple of days agonizing, and it really was my commitment to this site that kept me from taking even a puff.  We will make it out the other side!  Congratulations on your 58 days.

prjimm01

you are so impressive - I am so proud of you!!!

Legend

Great job getting to 58 days.

You can do this. 

Junior7

Congrats on 58 days!

Larry576

Keep it up Dawn. Sometimes it seems it doesn't get any easier but it never seems that its not worth it. I'm now on day 92 and some days are great others are still a struggle. The nice thing is the personal satisfaction of knowing you are winning and still an EX.