cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 53 After 53 Years of Smoking

djmurray
0 16 90

I consider this day a real milestone.  It's an odd number, I know, but obviously significant to me because I see the connection between the years I smoked and the days I've stacked up in this, my forever quit.  I would like to think that I can achieve 53 years of freedom, but unless science comes up with a radical cure for aging really, really soon, that isn't going to happen.  I can say, however, without a doubt that every single day I live for as long as I have left in this life is going to be smoke free.  

It's been a lovely couple of days without craves --  even little ones -- and I'm grateful for that.  I've relaxed, eaten well (I didn't say healthy -- that starts on March 1) and watched good movies (well two of the three I watched were good -- I just didn't get "The Grand Budapest Hotel" -- it was way too "camp" for my taste).  Now I'm watching the Red Carpet for the Oscars and will take a break for Downton Abbey then back to the Oscars.  Life is good.

Love you all.

16 Comments
JACKIE1-25-15

I am so happy that you have achieved 53 days no smoking after 53 years of it. But remember you are forever young.  I do believe that this is your final quit and you are going to make it with flying colors.  Committment

Barbara145

You go girl.  You are rocking this quit.  Enjoy your evening and the Oscar's

MarilynH

You are totally rocking your quit WTG - - - congrats on 53 precious DOF and counting. 

Marilyn 

JonesCarpeDiem

Congratulations!

hampton

Looks good on you!!! 53 days of freedom sounds sooo much better than 53 yrs of smoking!!!!   If the weight comes on us, SO WHAT..... Be happy. One day at a time. Feeling good inside show's on the outside. You are shining bright my friend. Hugs

Strudel

It is indeed a very big milestone! ( Of course to me - every smoke free day is a wonderful day!) Congrats to you on 53 days! Wonderful! I'm watching the Oscars too! (Recording Downton!) take care! 

jeanne-06.03.13

Good job on the 53 days!  Will be watching Downton with you!  Being smoke free is great!

Jeanne

WLFSRFAMILY

WTG   You can do this!!!

jdrabbit01

Fantastic!  I really look forward to reading your blogs every day.  You are a few weeks ahead of me and it helps seeing the milestones right ahead.  Congrats DJ!!

SkyGirl

You are such a wonderful addition to EX, DJ!  And when we quit, any reason  we can find to celebrate our freedom is fantastic!  So I LOVE this 53/53 connection you've made.  Keep finding reasons to celebrate!  Celebrations make us happy, right?  And we all so DESERVE to be happy!

And now that I know you are so close to me when I'm in Virginia, we must be SURE to make plans.  Right now, there are SO many active EXers in the DC area that a group get-together of some kind for brunch or something would be completely do-able, wouldn't it?  

xxxooo,  Sky

elvan

Congratulations, DJ, I am so happy for you and so happy to have "met" you here.  I am watching the Oscars too...didn't see most of the movies but saw a few because it is completely legal to download the new movies in South Korea so my daughter shared a bunch with me when she was home.  That dress that Zoe Saldano is wearing is BREATHTAKING!  That's what I do with my daughters...talk about the dresses, LOL.

Brenda_M

I thought I posted something on your message board similar to what Sky wrote--I live in Springfield! Let's all get together!!! There's also annb, and Ellen isn't too terribly far...heck, I'd go pick her up and drop her off, if necessary!

John10forteen

You're an inspiration Donna. I have not set a "eating healthy" start date yet or a "eating badly" quit date yet. But still thinking about it.

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 53/53 MILESTONE. Great job!

53 Hip Hip Hoo Rahs for ya!

Legend

Congratulations on 53 days YEAH!!!!!

bonnie-12-28-14

Happy 53!!!!!!!!!!!!  You are awesome.  

Alice23

You're doing great.  53 days is a huge number.  At a pack a day - imagine 53 packs on the table ...5 cartons and then some - cigarettes you have not smoked!  That's awesome.

Now is the time for healing and relearning how to care for yourself in new ways.  Deep breathing, yoga, brisk walks - they all worked for me to help dial down the stress.

Keep on going - you've got this.

Alice

5/2/2011