cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 50: I have been Free for 50 Days!

whooonk
0 6 9

Well today is day 50! I am pretty excited about it. This weekend was really tough though. It was kind of disheartening. It was really hard and I felt like I was going to just give in all weekend. I felt like I was on the verge of caving pretty much the whole weekend. I didn't, which I am very grateful for but man it was just really tough! The overall quit is getting easier and is encouraging that I am moving forward and things are getting better but this weekend was just really hard and kind of taxing on my emotionally. My business is getting busy lately too so I am physically tired as well as emotionally tired from the quit. So it's just been a struggle. I am fully committed, I am not regretting it, and I am really proud of my progress but man it's a struggle. I am encouraged that I have never been able to do what I have done this time before. I am encouraged because I really truly believe this time is for good. Despite what my brain is telling me, my heart knows that I never want to go back to it. And this time I know deep down that even a “casual” smoke with drinking buddies or a friend is not worth it. I know this time that I can get through stressful situations without a smoke. I know this time I never want to go back and this struggle has proven I never want to be controlled like that again! Ever. Thanks everyone who has helped get me to day 50! I really appreciate it!

6 Comments