cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 50 And Ready To Be ME!

cheryl_1-1-14
0 7 10

Well I made it through day 50 and happy to repot that the sun is still rising every day. 

Day 49 was crazy but it passed.  I felt like climbing the walls!!  Couldn't shake the antsy feeling for hours.  Looking back, I learned what to do next time to get past it faster.  When I feel like climbing the walls, climb the freakin walls!!  I spent way too much time fighting (and eating) my way through it.  I should have embraced that feeling as energy and practiced "do something".  Wall climbing might not be the best choice but I should have washed my car, pulled weeds, walked the dogs, climbed a tree, dug a ditch or something.  Now I know.  I'll handle it better next time.

With 50 days under my belt, I felt it was a good time to update my name.  I came to this community as Korey's Mom because my son was my main reason for quitting.  I've done that.  Now, staying quit, is all about me.  This is (and really always was) MY journey.  I own this.  I will succeed for me and the others will benefit from it.  I've always been proud to be known as Korey's Mom, but now, because of my quit, I'm proud to be me.......Cheryl.

Thank you all for your support and encouragement.  Couldn't have done it without you!!

7 Comments