cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 5

sam67
0 12 164

Had some tense moments earlier in the day today.... Sure look forward to not having those sudden onset, strong cravings....what a great day that will be!!!!!!!!

Had my first cup of (decaf) coffee tonight...enjoyed it and didn't have too many craving issues, so that was a plus!

Definitely packing on some extra pounds already!!!! Dang it! 

No wheezing or any other lung noises with deep inhalation or exhalation... Nice!!! My blood pressure is better than both of my daughters (who are in their twenties)! Again nice!!

12 Comments
Polynha

It is nice and it will get even better, the cravings will become less strong and less often after awhile, just stay strong, take a day at a time, you are doing great. Congratulations on 5 days! 

YoungAtHeart

You can worry about the pounds when your quit is well in hand.  I like to point out that it's better to have a few extra pounds around your waist that you CAN work off than an oxgen tank to carry around for the rest of your life that you CAN'T!!!

You might try substituting frozen grapes, or sugar-free gum, or air popped popcorn as munchies.  Don't try to diet, though - your most important priority right now is your quit!

Hang in there - you are almost out of H#LL week!

Nancy

joyeuxencore

You are SO going to love when smoking rarely crosses your mind! You will be so busy just loving your 'new normal' life that when you think about smoking you will smile and know the true joy of freedom...

Just for today...FIVE days smokefree is an extraordinary accomplishment!!!!!!!!!!!! xo

lpears

WOOO HOOO!! That's great your on day 5! You are only two more days away from A WHOLE WEEK! That's a huge accomplishment! Congratulations! When you have a tough day, remember that if you can make it through today, tomorrow will be better. If you don't, you will lose all the hard work you have already put in. 

That is GREAT news about coffee too!! Congrats! 

JonesCarpeDiem

great job YOU!

flow with it

cheryl_1-1-14

Breathing better and blood pressure better are two pretty good reasons to quit.  Amazing how quickly the body reacts to us not putting poison in it.  Glad you got your coffee back.  I don't even want to talk about weight gain..........

You're doing great!!!  Keep it up.

acer1171

Great job Sam!!! Keep up the good work!

luxie

That's amazing Sam!!! Great job

smorgy8513

YEAH TO 5 DAYS!!!      Oh, by the time you read this it will be 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay strong!

vwreynolds

Day 1-Morning1,I can do this! I can do this!

klv

Onward Sam! You are doing great!

NOPE no matter what is how it gets done.

LouiseR

Today is day 6.  Yipee!! It gets better and better.  Keep stacking those days.!