cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 5 was rough around the edges

leigh01
0 10 11

I have made it 5 days and I'm proud of myself but today was a white knuckle type of day. I got through it but it seemed like every little thing seriously got all over my one remaining nerve. I was already drained from yesterday having been so emotional and I've been all over the place today.

I need to get out and walk this weekend while I can before the deep freeze hits us here in the South next week!

10 Comments
joyeuxencore

Hi Leigh! It is very normal to have a rough day 5...It seems like 3 or 5 get to everyone...It was day three for me.

The first week or two can be tough but the pay off is a lifetime of freedom! xo

leigh01

Hi thanks!!!!! It's been really rough for me today. I was rockin right along doing just fine for the most part until today. Yesterday was rought but today was super hard. I can't wait to get past these rough patches!

marilyn_marmac

You can do it. Take it moment by moment and you will get thru it.  Stay warm and be proud of yourself.

YoungAtHeart

Just do this one day at a time.  Hopefully, a good one will follow your challenging one today.  

You are almost through Hell Week!  Hang in there!

Nancy

jocj88

I promise you that the first week or two are so hard (feel impossible) but then the craziest thing starts to happen where you really do lose the insane amount of urges.  You stil have the cravings but they are more spread out and getting through them seems much easier.  I am at day 28 (still a beginner) but it has gotten tremendously better.  I feel for you though b/c those first weeks were oh so hard.  Just think of how strong you are and how far you have come already.  YOu can do this!!!

freeneasy

Every day you get closer to where you want to be and further from where you were.

perlanegra

Good job you hang on really tight , You can do this fight your quit with your life. Its a fight with the Nicodemon inside you , but you can beat him stay strong not one puff , this will take us  right back to where we started day one , and that can  be a problem . 

kEEP IN MIND TO STAY SMOKE FREE TODAY TOMORROW WILL BE EASIER !! 

DAY 152

edsel1964

Hang in there the first few weeks are tough and then it gets a little  better every day...

melliejoy

i can't wait for it not even to enter my mind... will that ever happen???

leigh01
Thanks ya'll. I needed the positive reinforcement! I've just settled on the couch for awhile with tv on. I've found tv is a huge distraction for me. Even with my dog snoring loud right next to me! Mellie I wish I knew when it gets easier for us, when it doesn't enter our minds but I'm positive it will eventually. In the meantime we gotta hang on girl and get past the rough spots!