cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 5 and the Demon won't leave me alone

readytomoveon
0 10 131

this is really tough - i'm on 5 days now and i should be jumping for joy - but the demon is getting the best of me - i'm truly depressed and can't function - think this is the worst thing when it is truly the best thing- double edge sword -  i've got it bad - no worse than anyone else on this site - but bad - i almost feel like i can smoke on the weekend and then stop again on Monday - what a joke!! - i know i can get through this by just not buying them - if you don't have 'em you can't smoke 'em right?  i hate this addiction

10 Comments
JonesCarpeDiem

keep quit and you will lose the addiction

kmongoose

I think that the things we want most in life are the hardest to get. Maybe that's why when you overcome those obstacles, the rewards are even sweeter and your outlook much brighter! We all can become and ex FOR GOOD, it just takes lots work and some heartache.

bella65

you can do it just think happy thoughts,think of something else the urges only last a few minuetes.i had a tough time quiting at first ask anyone on here.but all of sudden im out of my slump and starting to enjoy quiting.i love being free.its an amazing feeling.surei still get the pangs once in awhile but it goes away.just stay strong and yes protect your quit.your doing good.its just the little monster trying to get to you but you can win.

Thomas3.20.2010

When your junkie mind realizes that you are SERIOUS about quitting - it really does a last minute freak out on you! See if you can embrace this feeling as the death throws of a nicodemon!  When I was growing up, we always said that when a wound itches that its a sure sign of healing! The same thing applies here!  This is just the HEALING PROCESS! One thing for sure - if you keep your quit NO MATTER WHAT! It will get better! If you don't keep your quit - well then, you're back to square one!  NOT FUN! Keep going - you'll be fine! Withdrawal doesn't KILL - Smoking DOES!

daisy6

Thomas is right. The junkie is freaking out!!!! don't let it win!

Challenge for you. Write a song using any real song you want, about why you will NOT smoke.

(sounds stupid, I know, but it helped me get my mind right when the junkie was talking to me. It was also kind of fun)

choptrice

I always liked to think that I was getting back to myself     had to think and act    had to make a decision soon  not 10 cigaretts later      the body is healing itself  how cool is that  painful sure  but healing none the less  yeah for you    luv lesa  yes its crazy  but smoking  thats  insane

hwc

if you don't have 'em you can't smoke 'em right?

-----------

Yep. If you ain't got 'em, you cain't smoke 'em.

If you are going nuts, why don't you curl up and listen to some of these tonight? There are 60+ podcast quitting lessons from one of the first quit smoking clinic leaders in the United States. Thirty years of wisdom. They helped me a lot my first week, in fact, I think these lessons are what made it possble for me to quit. I know they've helped a lot of people.

http://whyquit.com/joel/mp3/listen.html

CanIdoit

I can relate to the , just one more cant hurt, grrrrrrrr drives me nuts!!!  People on here have been such help, that I have actually been able to not smoke,, for over a week now, and wow its been ,, well you know.   When I absolutely have to go have just a puff, I use the 10 minute rule.   Cravings last roughly 10 minutes.  Good luck and keep the quit!!

cswatson

OMG  I am on day 5 to and feel the same exact way you do.  I feel worse today then i did on day one.  Get discouraging but here I am getting ready to go to bed and guess what !!  I DIDN'T SMOKE TODAY!!!  YEAH !!!!  I thought about it alot, cried a little, ate a lot of food but I DIDN'T SMOKE TODAY !!!

cswatson

OMG  I am on day 5 to and feel the same exact way you do.  I feel worse today then i did on day one.  Get discouraging but here I am getting ready to go to bed and guess what !!  I DIDN'T SMOKE TODAY!!!  YEAH !!!!  I thought about it alot, cried a little, ate a lot of food but I DIDN'T SMOKE TODAY !!!